ferpac76

Eheim Filter from US

Just wondering if anyone has purchased Eheim filter from the US, apart from the obvious different power point which I can get plug for. It seems their prices on Amazon are about 1/3 of the prices here and postage is only $30.Any feedbackwould be appreciated.

I'd be carefull all you need is one seal and a dodgy impeller and the price equals out as you won't have warranty and add that to the cost of the adaptors and Converter thingy and your behind?

Buy a second hand one and replace the impeller and it wil run for years :) they just don't die!

If you're looking to import Eheim it's much better to get European models which use the same voltage even if you still need a plug adaptor. I imported both my 2080s from Germany at about half the local online price (even with the freight). You can PM me for details if you want.

It is true that it could pose a warranty issue. But as everyone says - Eheims don't typically fail and at those prices you could afford to buy a spare and pay no more than the local costs.