kasman

Aqua One Thermosafe heaters failing

just checked all my heaters... lol. I like to run 2 in the bigger tanks, a main one set at the temp you want

and a smaller one at slightly lower as a backup. but personally ive only ever had a jager heater fail, and it

simply cut out and didn't work, so no fish soup atleast.

Otherwise I have 5 aqua one's running fine in my other tanks and I feel its luck of the draw... wich sucks

O and speaking off cheapy heaters, hows the Aquazonic Eco Heater 300w from AoA go for $20? haha, maybe a Q

for Donny@ageofaquariums

Well the aquazonic is made using cheaper components than the jager, but they do well. I certainly havent noticed a run of returns on them.

The strangest of them all is the aquarworld, we do them at a very low price indeed, and sell a very large quantity of them.

And they just dont come back. 3 year warranty on them as well.

I still reccomend jager over them any day of the week.

But if you are after a cheapy with a VERY low failure rate indeed

consider the aquarworld.

Infact consider 2 of them.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22401-1368649410-15_zps58836f68.gif

Hello, not sure how to use forum yet but felt I must ask this question ..I have a 10watt heater in Betta bowl heat supposed to be 26c but only gets to 23c ,requested a refund or exchange but told to move bowl to a warmer room..it is winter ?

and the bowl is in the kitchen/ dining area where I can interact with my Betta Blue.

Luckily I was given a heat mat and the temp went up to 24ish over night.

Appreciate any suggestions or remarks re the aqua one heater.

Hello, not sure how to use forum yet but felt I must ask this question ..I have a 10watt heater in Betta bowl heat supposed to be 26c but only gets to 23c ,requested a refund or exchange but told to move bowl to a warmer room..it is winter ?

and the bowl is in the kitchen/ dining area where I can interact with my Betta Blue.

set the temp a little higher on the heater than you are trying to achieve, so if your aiming for 26c set your heater to 28c and see how that goes, but monitor it to make sure you dont cook your little fishy friend, I've tried aqua-one heaters previously and found i needed to set my temp 4c higher than the heat i was trying to achieve just dodgey low quality heaters..

yeh pretty much only use the numbers on the heater dial as a ball park. use your thermometer only and dial the heater in up or down to the get the temp you want ON THE THERMOMETER. like mr forgotten said heaters are calibrated to a cetain tolerance and thats usualy up to a few deg. i only use Sera heaters now from thetechden and they are the closea calibrated yet within 1-2 deg assuming my thermometers are calibrated lol. chicken egg.

Edited by kasman

10 Watt is not a lot when it comes to heating and the cold days we have had lately I am not surprised it is not keeping up. Might need something a little stronger.

The only thing worse than having a heater that does not keep the temp is a thermometer that is not correct - they can be a degree or two out so be careful with what you are checking them with.

I am trialing a gold plated heater from one of our suppliers at the moment. They were not sure if there was a market out there for another heater in the mass that is out there but I think there is as it has gold plated contacts which are less likely to corrode so should be more accurate but would you pay extra for that feature - I think so but do not know about a lot of other people out there. When they start to corrode that is when you can start getting some abnormal temp readings.

You won't get a refund for it heating 23 instead of 26 mate. To many variables. Yes move it to a warmer spot. U could put it in a larger tank. The formula is 1watt/litre ....eheim heaters are a bit different. 23° is the lower end for temp and you may get white spot. 25° is good. If you put a lid on the tank it'll help keep the heat in.

A lot of the cheap heaters only have 6mth warranty. And of course finding that elusive proof of purchase receipt can b a pain in in the u no what...

Thanks for your quick reply ..so far "bluey" the elephant eared betta is handling the cold weather with a heat mat and the 23c ? Aqua one nano heater.

May Ipass on some advise please grand children don't give your 79 year old grandmother a betta .. nice in the summer :)but a bit sad come the winter..I am trying to do my best , think he likes me , comes for his bickies :)

Thanks for your quick reply ..so far "bluey" the elephant eared betta is handling the cold weather with a heat mat and the 23c ? Aqua one nano heater.

May Ipass on some advise please grand children don't give your 79 year old grandmother a betta .. nice in the summer :)but a bit sad come the winter..I am trying to do my best , think he likes me , comes for his bickies :)

I would give her a paradise fish instead.

Basically just a cold water fighter.

Very interactive, even at 10degC