Im 100% sure this RD is female now :)

Just need her to fatten up with some eggs - shes always been thin....

he is such a casanova, so gentle and charasmatic with the ladies ;)

pair2_zps3cf8be3b.jpg

pair2_zps59ace180.jpg

nice mate shouldnt doubt me kas ive sais girl the whole time ,and shes got kok short face red touch of double script by the looks wat else can u ask for,maybe chunkier but shel faten up .definately want a few selects out of this batch to put bak to my boys. be good to get a girl so il have bit of new blood and the same blood to mix to my fish.u gona have no room as it is but you got that bug were u want to c wat u can produce

nice mate shouldnt doubt me kas ive sais girl the whole time ,and shes got kok short face red touch of double script by the looks wat else can u ask for,maybe chunkier but shel faten up .definately want a few selects out of this batch to put bak to my boys. be good to get a girl so il have bit of new blood and the same blood to mix to my fish.u gona have no room as it is but you got that bug were u want to c wat u can produce

yeh I know man, room? got none! but figured whats another 100 fry with the 500 I already got haha. She's been 100% now for a while so couldnt help it. I crave that red in my fish that she has and the short face. Both got good kok ancestry so fry should be good at a guess. Mate, your first in line for some girls if I get any. And yeh your right its a bit of a bug.

Haha, you're mad Kas!

Nice pair though, even though you think he's gentle, watch him.

A lot of my males will be very kind to the females until they see them eating unfertilized eggs, then they go crazy!

oh man these guys are divided. he was super gentle with the other girl but I still dont trust fish. I'll wait til she gets plump then remove the divider over a weekend. As I said before, she has never been plump hey. So hopefully being next a male will get the hormones going.

As for males going crazy when seeing females eating unfertized eggs haha! is it kind of a smack my b!tch up cuz I failed impulse lol. We all know what that feels like :lol:

Pearly does it religiously haha!

He literally waits until he sees them eating eggs, then they don't last long.

I've saved quite a few girls from his clutches!

Make sure she doesn't get too fat and lay before you get them together, you'll then have to wait another 2 weeks at least haha, we've all been there.

As u guys know this RD had hex a while ago. So in a way pairing it up wazs a bit of an experiment because last time i paired it up it stopped eating. Guess what? This morning it doesnt have much appetite its chewing and spitting its food. My theory was that some fish are just suseptable to hex. With the smallest amount of stress triggering it. In this case having a neighbour. Interesting... Will see how she goes. I had to do it. The fish isnt much use to me if she wont breed and cant sell her unless i know she'll 100% remain healthy.

Yeh see Im in 2 minds now with this fish. If it does lose its appetite again then to what point do I keep on treating it if it will just happen again. It would prove to me it has some kind of a long term problem. Would I even want fry from a fish like this?

Glad to hear CLEAR has worked on your fish man, srsly good news.

Haha, if you don't want to treat her I'll take her :)

haha well man last time she was crook I nearly gave her to john.

Buutttt! she's fine and eating now. gone really red too and getting bars :)

glad you asked blado!

well I had them together for a few hours on the weekend and he had a good crack at her. So iv had them divided again for now. I just want her to lay, but she's just wont get fat. Feeding her all I can but she's a slow eater. Just only eats a few pellets at a time.

Anyway I'll persist cuz she's got africans in her tank now :) so nowhere to go. Got nowehere for anymore fry either, but i'll cross that bridge when I come to it ;)

Give her time my red texas doesnt look fat she just dropsnthe old tube randomly and lays i had to keep em seperate and blocknthe view from each of them and give em ten minutes twice a day play now im positive she will drop her tube in a day and lay the next i just need the time to watch coz my boys a bit aggressive.

That kok girl will make some koky fry with that boy hows the other fry goin?

Other fry are going great, some gettin to 15mm. can see some spots of script and pearls :)

To be honest I'll probably look at sellin the RD female once she lays. After raising this batch of FH Iv realised I just dont have the time for this sort of thing right now. Shame cuz your right, she has good potential to make some koky fry. Her body is a bit long but she's not far off wrapping her tail so kinda makes up for it ;)

Oh that a shame yeah you really need alot of tanks to grow em out and see potential thats the hardest part coz if you cull to young you never know if that was going to be the masterpiece that was a late bloomer.

Oh that a shame yeah you really need alot of tanks to grow em out and see potential thats the hardest part coz if you cull to young you never know if that was going to be the masterpiece that was a late bloomer.

Your right hey, Iv spent alot more $$$ than I had ever planned last month on tanks/equipment just to grow out these fry.

So we'll see, maybe once I start to see some fry with potential it might get me proper hooked lol.