turco

bloat bristlenose HELP and egg bound

ok guys really need your help on this one i have lost a few adult albino longfin bristlenose over the last few months really doing my head in as to wat im doing wrong

currently i have two young males that have over night come down with bloat there diet is mainly of zuc and blanched de shelled peas with the occasional algae wafers (not the cheap **** ones)

i just cant understand as to why they have it

water conditions are ph 7, nitrate and ammonia are both 0 temp around 23-26c. regualr water changes

also have a female who is egg bound lost another to egg bound tonight i pushed on the dead ones belly and out came a heap of eggs the belly is not dark like the males

post-2558-14711628711516_thumb.jpg

post-2558-14711628711653_thumb.jpg

post-2558-1471162871179_thumb.jpg

Mate feed them some protein, too much fibre all the time is like trying to sh1t a brick bro. Think about what they eat in the wild, they're scavengers. Their diet is mainly algae, rotting vegetation & fruits, which they graze on all day with occasional dead fish & other bodies that may wind up on the bottom. Try more of a 70:30 or 60:40 diet for them, 60% veg : 40% protein pellets, bloodworm occasionally etc. I use Platinum pellets, Japanese made based on the Otohime diet but Spectrum or any other decent brand 40-50% protein pellet will do. If all your water parameters are good then it's probably the pure veg diet. Hope so cos it's an easy cure :)

Brine shrimp should clean them out and they should love it. But go easy to start with a radical change in diet can upset fish sometimes

Cheers

Trav