Tomartin

Oscars - Then and Now

I've been growing these badboys for about 18 months now, not so cute anymore but still freakin awesome! Currently housed in a 5x2x2 with 2 goldspot plecos. Blackie is Bruce and Whitey is Rambo. Hard to get pics that do them justice, the lighting is dodgey as haha

post-9286-14711628776302_thumb.jpg

post-9286-14711628776482_thumb.jpg

post-9286-14711628775626_thumb.jpg

post-9286-14711628775924_thumb.jpg

post-9286-1471162877611_thumb.jpg

hey man, I have a some good before and after oscar pics if ya dont mind me addin to your thread, would be same age as yours or just abouts.. your red guy is awesome btw :)

[MENTION=5455]Donny[/MENTION] - Nothing special, mostly aqua-one floating cichlid pellets, and all the insects I come across. Occasionally prawns, crickets, bloodworms, leftover steak haha

[MENTION=3737]kasman[/MENTION] - Yeah all sweet man :D

thanks man, need to drum up how awesome oscars are when I get the chance.

Bought him Jan 2012, so he's over 12 months old now. Actually couldnt find a very good photo of him when he was little, but this one will do the job, day I bought him I think.

other photos were shot probably exaclty 1 year on :)

IMG_5745_zpsdcfcdacf.jpg

avat2_zps0ce41df4.jpg

avat_zps14a2ac0e.jpg

[MENTION=6929]Stevie wonder[/MENTION] - It's a tiger oscar, IRL it looks like a metallic reddy orange colour. I went through a stage of being bored of them, then one day I was feeding them some crickets are remembered how awesome they actually are haha. I love my fish so much :P

[MENTION=3737]kasman[/MENTION] - Dude that's an awesome fish, I love his juvi pattern. I love how fast they grow too. Both of mine missed out on the spot on the tail though

haha thanks man, I know they they grow so quick. I have a good friend who has a red guy like yours, I havnt caught it out and measure it but it would be getting close to 40cm, I think its about 8 years old - a freaking monster. I would like to have a red one like yours hey, such an impressive splash of colour - theyre a nice pair. Havnt bred for you?

My old oscar's only pic i could find,

Picture064.jpg

[MENTION=6929]Stevie wonder[/MENTION]

What size tank was that?

What was the stocklist in that photo?

Edited by buddy02

Its only 5x2x2 it was a bit packed back then :o

2 oscars

2 devils

4 texas

1 dempsey

I moved the texas on and just had the oscars and devils in there, But then sold and changed the tank to discus and geo's :/

[MENTION=3737]kasman[/MENTION] - No they've never bred, but they're allways side by side like best friends. Besides I'd have no clue what to do if they were to breed anyway haha

Ahhh....

Those are great photos which bring back happy Oscar memories...

Sorry, no "Young Ones" photo - just one when 'Harry' & 'Sally' got excited in one of my early attempts at pool keeping (that's 'Harry' in the photo / 'Sally' laid the eggs!)

Couldn't tell them apart before that happened :)

post-5372-14711628803247_thumb.jpg