I really want to add a rtgg to my tank which currently has a 70cm pink gg and a toga plus plecos and loaches and balas. Any idea if the new rtgg will be picked on, if the pink will get territorial, what size rtgg would be good? Toga is 15cm.

[MENTION=6245]crusty76[/MENTION]

I don't think ur tanks big enough mate to be honest pink GG are mongrels and 2.5 wide makes it easy for the pink to corner the new GG and then smash it I found that 3 wide calmed things down with my 3 pinks I now have 4 wide and that's the best, there's room if someone decides to get stroppy for the others to get away also RTGG are very timid compared with pinks and RTGG will max at around 53cm that's the biggest Iv ever owned, hope that helps mate :)

Yeah Crusty summed it up nicely for you. My pink once killed all his tank mates.

But he has calmed down a bit since then.

In saying that the fish with him now are a different shape and are smaller as he has grown.

I just hope when the time comes for me to put mine together they get along nicely like crustys.

But tank size is a big factor. The more room they have the better.

pinks are mizunderstood. i got a 70cm boy that gets p1ssed at you but all he really wants is a nice pat and some attention. as soon as the pat stops........ he's back to being p1ssed ;)

pinks are mizunderstood. i got a 70cm boy that gets p1ssed at you but all he really wants is a nice pat and some attention. as soon as the pat stops........ he's back to being p1ssed ;)

He buy himself though or wth other GG?

I'm jealous. How can I introduce another gg?

comes down to the established fishes behaviour, whether it see's the new guy as a threat and whether you have spare tanks if things go south. its still hit and miss its just whether or not you can deal with the misses ;)

I gave mine a stern talking to after his bad behaviour.

Has been good ever since.

Living with various other fish but none of which are a gg.

But give it time and he will have some more gg as tank mates.

comes down to the established fishes behaviour, whether it see's the new guy as a threat and whether you have spare tanks if things go south. its still hit and miss its just whether or not you can deal with the misses ;)

Well said but u need a big tank I have 6 adults atm in the same tank but the tank is 10x4x2.5 Mine have never hurt other fish just other GG u must have a spare tank ready incase it all falls apart

The only thing really stopping me getting a bigger tank is how freaking hard it is to get it delivered. We've had removalists turn up, knowing we needed a tank moved, and giving them all the dimensions and weight, and then they bloody refused to touch it!

The only thing really stopping me getting a bigger tank is how freaking hard it is to get it delivered. We've had removalists turn up, knowing we needed a tank moved, and giving them all the dimensions and weight, and then they bloody refused to touch it!

dennison will build, deliver and install mate. you just chill and let him at it ;)

Well said but u need a big tank I have 6 adults atm in the same tank but the tank is 10x4x2.5 Mine have never hurt other fish just other GG u must have a spare tank ready incase it all falls apart

i know someone who had 6 rtgg in a 22 footer. looked pretty saweet ;)

Mate if ur gona go big get hold of Dennison at Maryanne's he built mine and delivered it they have moving huge tanks down to a fine art and make it easy we moved my 10x4x2.5 wth 5 people! and not one drama

i know someone who had 6 rtgg in a 22 footer. looked pretty saweet ;)

Amazing tank that one!!! it just goes on and on and on! lolol

In the end mine will have 12 GG 7 Rtgg 2 grey and 3 pink :) if all goes well

Edited by crusty76

Nice pics!

I'd love to get rid of my substrate and get a ray or even better a tsn to finish off my tank (with another gg, hopefully a rtgg).

Yum yum GG for dinner. ha ha

Mine only took 3 people to move in. But all flat ground from ute to stand.

Yes it is a very nice tank. Lets join ours together Crusty but at my place not yours ha ha.

Oh and you can bring the fish too.