ok sold the 8ftr and stand, have also sold most my fish to top people on this site also:), now with remaining fish i will knock up a quick 2tier set up to house what i have

left will consist of a 4x2x2 and smaller custom tank for the top, and will be run with my FX5 for simplicity..

cheers mike

null_zpsa6ebdc94.jpg

null_zpsb80d5bf5.jpg

null_zpsd9d76054.jpg

Hey Mike, do you have any starfire glass?

no Jeff, not here but can get, not much difference in starfire than normal float, you only notice at the join where the glass butts together, instead green you see blue... less iron

starfire does nothing for me.. me 8fter is always crystal clear in normal float

cheers mike

I just love your threads Mike and will be in touch one of these days to request something of you, if that's ok of course.

Anyhoo, just wondering... Are you planning on using the FX5 to filter both 4ft tanks? If so, how?

Cheers,

Rob

I just love your threads Mike and will be in touch one of these days to request something of you, if that's ok of course.

Anyhoo, just wondering... Are you planning on using the FX5 to filter both 4ft tanks? If so, how?

Cheers,

Rob

no worries rob...

the fluval will be running the 4ft and will have a power head in 4ft pushing water up to spray bar in top tank with wier returning to bottom tank, quite simple really, not much of a head height so will be plenty flow, will post pics in progress

cheers mike

no worries rob...

the fluval will be running the 4ft and will have a power head in 4ft pushing water up to spray bar in top tank with wier returning to bottom tank, quite simple really, not much of a head height so will be plenty flow, will post pics in progress

cheers mike

Ahh, I see. Great idea.

I look forward to more pics and threads.