Sign in to follow this  
yellows

Will Electric Yellows and Saulosi cross breed

Yeah, they can crossbreed. Some will say they won't, coz they're differently colored and all that and would go for their own kind, but nonetheless the chance is there.

I've got some fry now that my partner purchased as electric yellows... I looked into the bag when she got home and were like "are you sure these are EYs?"

I've grown them to double their size (About 6cm now) and doesnt neatly fit into either but shows salousi oranges (of females) and a one now is getting a black bar on its dorsal (very feint though)

So I think its possible from personal experience (and also teaches me to buy the fish :D )

im not %100 sure but maybe colbolt blues or demisoni BUT i have read somwhere they will so just wait for donny he will tell you wht to put with em,or matt will.

Africans can crossbreed quite readily, many of them anyways. If not producing inter-generic hybrids, then definitely inter-specific hybrids.

If you want to keep to Africans, you can have Red Forest Jewels in with them (so long as you don't have a pair) or Polleni, though Polleni may get a bit big. But if you're gonna get those two, might as well add Americans in with your Yellows.

peacocks and yellows work well

placidochromis species and yellows work well

demasoni and yellows work well for some reason

Just try for a different colour and body shape, and you should be ok

the problem with saulosis is the females look so similar to an electric yellow female......... and in such cases males can be VERY persistant.

Sign in to follow this