hi guys i noticed this morning that my turtle wasn't swimming around in is tank like he usually does every morning and i when i fed him he didn't want to eat he was just sitting there under the water in the same spot not really moving and when i got home from school he still hasn't eaten the bit of food i had put in the morning and almost looked dead so i pulled him out and he is moving but not like he would before. Any idea on what this is i don't really want him to die!

thanks

will get pics up really soon

post-6090-14711628966812_thumb.jpg

post-6090-14711628966271_thumb.jpg

post-6090-14711628966429_thumb.jpg

post-6090-14711628966664_thumb.jpg

Edited by cameron

I dont have much experience with turtles but you might have to look at diet. Have you got a uv light. I once had two turtles many moon ago and they started to act like yours. I found out they needed uv for their shells to develope and their general well being. They died before i could help them.

Im no expert but hopefully someone will help you out. Good luck.

thanks for the relplys guys also his back end kinda floats and his head is pointing down

ill look into UV/heat lamps still have know idea what is going on

If he's floating like that, it could be respiratory and that would require a vet asap.

would this just be a normal VET or a reptile vet because last time we went to the normal vets with the blue toung they said they we should go and vist another clinic near Brisbane?