Daharkazangel

Tap water PH off my chart??

Just did a ph test on my tap water and its literally off my chart (don't remember it being this high last time I checked) Over 7.4 anyway. My tanks sit at 7 similar to my rain water tank I think. Just curious as to what every one elses is. Just me or is my tapwater very high? :noidea:

My tap water is quite high. Tank without buffering sits at 8.2 but it has beach sand which may help with pH. Get a pH pen. So much easier.

Cheers

Trav

My tap water is quite high. Tank without buffering sits at 8.2 but it has beach sand which may help with pH. Get a pH pen. So much easier.

Cheers

Trav

Hows the pen work? And where do you buy them from?? Kinda glad I switched to tank water now, just hope I don't run out in summer.. :/

Pen testers arnt great at all i bought one from ebay used it for a lil bit then went back to using liquid drops and test tubes

There was a difference i prefer the liquid test kits anc if ur keepn tangs gh12-13 kh 12-13 ph 8.2-8.4 temp 24-26

I like that water!

Would save me some time if I had it.

Just drill a big hole donny, bore water around here is perfect for africans. Hiding it may prove a challenge lol.

Cheers mick

OMG

I certainly don't put any town water thru my fish tanks at all ..... The brisbane water supply has been so erratic and hes got worst, not better since the floods.

pH fluctuation is only one indicator of the varied water quality. Addition of fluoride, super chlorination and High TDS from sub quality pipes and connections.

I know your all gunna jump on me .... add all the prime or Fraction you like. Still doesn't stop the fluctuations and varying water quality in Brisbane.

Who on here turns on the shower and smells chlorine?

I realise the council has to treat the water but I don't use it for my fish at all .... trust issue and they are worth too much $ to loose em and some of my imported rarer wilds cannot be replaced.

We do 100% water change weekly on our Betta tanks and use only tank water that has been conditioned, salt and IAL extract. Fancy guppies get 100% tank water as well.

Wish it would rain cats and dogs thou as tanks are getting down a bit........

Yeah sadly i don't have much choice up here in the Isa, not allowed rain water tanks because of fall out from the smelter. Might have to get an RO system but that may use too much considering we are in drought here and going into more water restrictions lol probably not best to be setting up my tank now lol