Rastinger62

Who imports americans ????????

No I don't think there is. Very few (if any) large (I assume thats what you are after?) cichlids are on the import list. Most of the small cichlids (like apistogrammas) can be.

p. splendida

j.dempsey

b.eye

r.devil

f.mouth

pink f.mouth

g.brazilensis

o.h.tapajos

g.surn...

rivulatus

gold.severum

green "

rainbow cichlid

manaquense

s.g.texas

parrot

r.pearl flowerhorn

d. filamantosus

p. splendida

j.dempsey

b.eye

r.devil

f.mouth

pink f.mouth

g.brazilensis

o.h.tapajos

g.surn...

rivulatus

gold.severum

green "

rainbow cichlid

manaquense

s.g.texas

parrot

r.pearl flowerhorn

d. filamantosus

Fish that can't be imported?

Can someone tell me why the hell Oscars are importable ? There are feral populations in tropical Australia and Florida. What does someone in AQIS keep them ?

Dwarfs, Angels, Discus, Oscars, Festivum, some Acaras, that's about it nothing terribly interesting from my point of view.

Nothing very interesting...... check out nanacara taenitata, check out the checkerboards, Festivum are so underestimated and a fantastic looking fish. Discus not interesting, the wild caught angel varieties.......... and check out some of the apistos around now days........ Nothing very interesting..........

Nothing very interesting...... check out nanacara taenitata, check out the checkerboards, Festivum are so underestimated and a fantastic looking fish. Discus not interesting, the wild caught angel varieties.......... and check out some of the apistos around now days........ Nothing very interesting..........

Checkerboards are sweet as!

p. splendida

j.dempsey

b.eye

r.devil

f.mouth

pink f.mouth

g.brazilensis

o.h.tapajos

g.surn...

rivulatus

gold.severum

green "

rainbow cichlid

manaquense

s.g.texas

parrot

r.pearl flowerhorn

d. filamantosus

these are available fish from a friend who is a w/saler (his list)

yeah there is nothing on that list that makes me get exicted.

So assuming there were other importers in the past that brought through a some many different spieces as we see in the trade today like festae, pbass, salvini, jag, dovii etc.

Were cichlids like that all banned from being imported these days ?

Yeah mate all banned. There is not much that can come in anymore which is why we have quality issues with americsns, no new blood so most are losing their colour.

Cheers mick

Can someone tell me why the hell Oscars are importable ? There are feral populations in tropical Australia and Florida. What does someone in AQIS keep them ?

Had a mate catch an albino oscar in wivenhoe. So there is a decent population there too.

Cheers mick

Had a mate catch an albino oscar in wivenhoe. So there is a decent population there too.

Cheers mick

Wivenhoe Really!? jez But yet we cant have tsn and I can guarantee no one in there rite mind is ever going to release a $1200 fish wat a joke!

Wivenhoe Really!? jez But yet we cant have tsn and I can guarantee no one in there rite mind is ever going to release a $1200 fish wat a joke!

100% agree. Its amazing how some government department think.

Cheers mick

100% agree. Its amazing how some government department think.

Cheers mick

This will probably get deleted but "they" need a kick in the pants imo!!

What amazes me is they watch the forums but never comment or offer an educational post to help people understand what is/isnt legal, then make decisions without consulting with fish clubs or hobbyists. I also haven't noticed if much has been done to control feral populations.

Cheers mick

That and also how people think that put them in waterways.

Earlier in week had a couple of people come out to see me and tell me about their religious persuasion. Part of the conversation when I mentioned about fish how they had popped a couple of goldfish and guppies in the creek beside their house and they were still there. They had no idea that they had done anything wrong and ended up leaving a little more educated on it than they did when they arrived.

One of the reasons forums are good to get the message out there.