The wound opens up all of a sudden which made me think it was an injury. But it doesnt heal at all. And then the fish is dead. Lost a geophagus beasiliensis last week and a gold edge ruvulatus last night. The open wound is about 10mm across, halfway down the body. Slightly to the top. Is white with pinkish sort of areas. Only happening to my south americans and the water is normal. Tank is as clean as anyone elses tank. Has a small amount of gravel and lots of gold vine and volcanic rock.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

No it looks like a pimple thats been cut off with a chainsaw. It seriously just looks like a bad fighting injury. But 2 out of 2 fish have died from the same thing in the same place in the same tank. Im baffled

Hey Jesse, take a read of this thread. It's happened to a few people lately. I solved my problem with promethysal..... I think that is how it was spelt. I lost half the fish only tank due to this births promethysal week's to of fixed it........

Edit: I just got back from the pub and didn't realise I was that drunk..... I lost half of the fish in my tank due to this problem, promethysal took a week to fix it.

http://www.qldaf.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90489

Edited by xlLiquidlx

Thanks a lot mate, I woke up to another one this morning but this time I think I caught it on day one. It has white fluffy **** all over it. I treated the tank with tetracycline already. Probably not right but im doing the best I can!

Well that made my day! I was thinking the exact same thing actually but didnt really want to be.. ive got some amazing fish in there and I hope its not tb...