The Tech Den

Tropheus in their natural habitat by Ad Konings (Back to Nature)

Happy to say The Tech Den will be one of the first to have the awaited book by Ad Konings - Tropheus in their Natural Habitat.:eek:

You can now place your order with stock due to arrive to us early next week.

For pricing and more information for those Tropheus peps...

Back to Nature Tropheus in their Natural Habitat

BTN-Tropheus-2.jpg

Hey guys..

IS the information in this book, new, or is it just a rehash of the chapter in "tangs in their natural habitats"

cheers

We are due to receive the books hopefully on Monday but judging from the reviews it has some great content - there will be some crossing over or rehashing especially with history but it has a substantial amount of new content from what I have read on the reviews. Here is part of one review.

Konings takes us back to the late 1800s where explorer John E. S. Moore used dynamite to collect fish from the southern part of the lake and delivered 21 pickled cichlid species including Tropheus to the British Museum for Boulenger to describe. However, the history of Tropheus goes back much further. According to DNA studies, 2.4 million years ago they split away, forming their own branch. I found this history of the genus fascinating.

Each species is explained in detail, including the history, scientific studies, and DNA research, all of which are complex. I love the fact that he includes a diagnoses or recap of each species and what all these studies mean. In the Geographical Variation chapter he shows how the lake levels, rivers, and mountain ranges have affected the way each species evolved into the Tropheus we see today.

Other chapters cover the importance of territory and food and how that leads to reproduction. Their natural habitat sets a high bar for aquarists to simulate and see the same results. The chapter on keeping Tropheus in aquariums is full of great tips and ideas of how to approach it and have success. There is no doubt about it; this book will make you a better Tropheus keeper.

Tropheus lovers rejoice! I can’t put it down!

I purchased a copy at Qld Cichlid Group meeting last night supplied to the club by [MENTION=1338]The Tech Den[/MENTION] for the club shop. Being a Tropheus fan this is an awesome addition to your cichlid library, a great investment - thank you for supplying the QCG Regards Craig

Edited by z240

Although I thanked [MENTION=1338]The Tech Den[/MENTION] personally last night @ the QCG meeting

I would also like to add a post thank you just because I can

So thanks very much again for helping the club out with obtaining copies of this (I'm told) great book

And anyone thinking about buying it just do it as its there for a lifetime

FJ

[MENTION=1584]Fish Junkie[/MENTION] Its about Africans that other bigger island that Cichlids come from, although I can use smaller tanks to keep my fish I do love your Americans :dance: Great to see you all last night at the meeting, Cheers Craig

You guys are welcome and if it helps out a respected club of hobbyists even better was good seeing everyone there and was made welcome and good discussions.

Thanks [MENTION=1584]Fish Junkie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6506]z240[/MENTION]