Hi I have a 9 inch Oscar and 5 5-6inch silver dollars and I was wondering what the best way to transport them is? I need to sell or hand over my fish and tank but am unsure of how to transport them.

Also if anyone is interested in them and/or the tank let me know but I will need to ask for some $$ for the setup as I have only just purchased new filters. I have them up on gumtree but would prefer to let them go to someone who has experience with fish. I have had a few ridicules phone calls from people wanting to put the silver dollars in a gold fish tank of witch I said definitely NO to as they need a 4ft+ tank now hence the reason for sadly letting them go because of financial situation I cant get a bigger tank for a while. these particular 5 will eat any fish that can fit in there mouth and will try to eat you medium tetras as well (I found this out the hard way :faint: ).

we are located 20mins from Cooroy qld.

post-6177-14711629129524_thumb.jpg

Thank you. I have an old esky here. How would I clean it to make sure there's no toxic stuff in it?

If you are interested in him he needs a forever home. The silver dollars have taken a few bites out of his tail tho. :(

post-6177-14711629132133_thumb.jpg

post-6177-14711629132282_thumb.jpg

post-6177-1471162913242_thumb.jpg

Foam box or esky with a black garbo bag as a liner works a treat. It makes it easy to float the bag in the new home with water and all, providing they trust your water if not going in a quarantine tank. Caution the bag will get a hole or two in if the fish spike it but the water still remains in the esky. Dark garbo bags provide a less stressfull environment. DONT get scented garbo bags as I learnt that the hard way.

I transported an Oscar from Sunshine coast to Townsville in a plastic storage tub with the wheels and clip on lid. just drilled some holes in the lid added some battery powered air pumps.

. Dark garbo bags provide a less stressfull environment. DONT get scented garbo bags as I learnt that the hard way.[/quote

Kill em or just made them ill?