Shanoz

Best Plant Substrate for a "NON"Co2/Liquid Fertilizer Tank.

Hey All,

Just wondering what would be my best option for a substrate to use in a NON Co2 based tank. My tank is a 45cm Cube that get's plenty of sunlight, so if you could recommend something that feeds the plants well but requires next to no liquid fert's just pure natural sunlight! Thanks!!!

DSC03213.jpg

Yeah I can see! Gonna plant mosses through the rocks I think, then get some nice tall plants to shoot through the front, can't wait! Gonna have to get me a nice little LED light for this too, like those ones at Smith's with the Orange LED's in it, I think they are called Aquamagic or something along those lines!

Yea, I don't touch the tank - as you can probably tell, I don't even scrape the glass... more food for the sucker fish. I pretty much

just pillage the Val when im after it haha. Also, to set it up probably costs $10 for a 5x2x2 :P

DIY all the way!

I'd go with dirt as well, it will produce it's own carbon dioxide an the plants go nuts in it. This is my dirted tank.

IMG_3278-1-1.jpg

Also, I wouldn't go with the threadfins in a tank that size, they need a lot of swimming room so I wouldn't put them in anything smaller than a large three footer. What about some delicate blue eyes?

Yeah I like the Honey's, was thinking of ordering them from Aquagreen one my tank was up and running and cycled etc. So can you get the Tenellus from them also or are they gonna be harder to find??? They are very pretty too, so could I keep a colony of ten or so in this cube?

Nice ozmo! looking good! :)

Apart from the sword, have you got any other root feeders in there? and Eco Complete is nice, but you really pay for it lol.

Sorry I missed this...

Yeah besides the huge sword other rooted plants in that tank are...

3 crypt variants, which I'm constantly pruning/plucking, and some of the larger anubias variants have also burrowed downward.