The Fishroom

Just sharing pics of Xeno Ochrogenys Makola and their young

post-7853-14711629229881_thumb.jpg

I love the way I was able to introduce 6 fry at 1.5cm into my adults tank and they have not even blinked an eye about them. The young are now 2cm after just a week and a half and happy as anything to be able to hang with the big guys :baby:

White calvus did have to be removed for trying to eat them though haha

post-7853-1471162922971_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Fishroom

Fry are from one of the girls, I purchased them from Smiths in Boondall, and one of the girls was holding.

The boys in this tank would not be the father, as they are very young and only starting to colour up, so apart from the mother, the fry are unrelated. I am even wondering whether I needed to separate in the first place, they are so peaceful with them.

I actually bought 3 females holding, and 2 girls spat the eggs in the bag and the eggs died. But this girl who had these were alittle further advanced Peter.

All up she had 11, 1 died fairly quickly, 2 died on the move of my tank to work, and my white male calvus ate 2 upon putting in tank, I THINK, coz they just disappeared.

These guys have been happily just growing up with my comp fry for the last 2 months. I love them, they look so awesome in with the big guys cruising the tank in their group. I would love to get more, but I think 12 will be a good sized colony when they grow up. Ideally I might just need to sell off the male fry, as their mother is in the tank somewhere.