Title explains it all. But what do i do next. :noidea:

I have tried salt (yes salt), multi med and melafix and nothing is working.

I originally thought it was an injury from the driftwood that's in the tank but now I'm thinking it might be parasites.

Any help would be great. The poor bugger has been like this for nearly two months.

:help::help::help:

post-8502-14711629287197_thumb.jpg

Can you also see the gold dusty look she has, isn't that some sort of disease too. Or is it normal for BN to have a gold sheen to them when light has been shon on them.

I would try RO water in a container before adding to tank or a UV light filter running I think it is a parasite. If you can separate the catfish to a quarantine tank

My fav Bn was in a fight to the death eairler this week. I separated the 2 males just in time but now half of his head is read raw and trying hard to heal.

If it's not a parasite after all, my only thought would be she's getting attacked?

It sucks big time. Good luck with the healing

Its been this way for MONTHS nothing I have done has worked and I have constantly been trying something. If it was a parasite surely she would be dead by now.... But why after all this time hasn't it healed. I worry if I stop all the different products and leave her to it, she'll die!!! I just don't know what else to do... :noidea::cry:

Edited by New-Fry

Fill a 2 litre ice cream container or similar with tank water. Catch it out, hold securely in palm of hand and put a couple of PP crystals in hole with a pair of tweezers. Count to 10 then put in container of water for another 10 count then back in tank.

Fill a 2 litre ice cream container or similar with tank water. Catch it out, hold securely in palm of hand and put a couple of PP crystals in hole with a pair of tweezers. Count to 10 then put in container of water for another 10 count then back in tank.

Where do i get these crystals from. Would it be something my local aquarium shop stocks.

Potassium permanganate also known as "Condy's crystals" if this helps

Thank you. I was going to ask cause I had no idea what it was. But google and I are best mates and we got it worked it out.

:beer:

I have to admit though the thought of it sounds awful. Obviously no one has objected to the suggestion so it must be ok to do. :econf: I hope...

Edited by New-Fry