looks fine to me. I would prolly have he coarse filter under the Dacron, an maybe the macropore where the fine sponge goes, but really dun matter, jus a me thing. To me, your principle is spot on.

Brendan

Looks complicated at the start. I'd either take to noodle out all together and have k1 in the first chamber. Followed by all the sponges. Then matrix in the last chamber. Or you could split that first chamber into 2 chamber's. With the same as before with k1 first them sponges. Heater should be in the last section. Also the nitra guard. I'd also put the eggcrate across the whole base of that chamber and not just in the gap under the baffle. I've tried it before and I don't find it works as well

Looks complicated at the start. I'd either take to noodle out all together and have k1 in the first chamber. Followed by all the sponges. Then matrix in the last chamber. Or you could split that first chamber into 2 chamber's. With the same as before with k1 first them sponges. Heater should be in the last section. Also the nitra guard. I'd also put the eggcrate across the whole base of that chamber and not just in the gap under the baffle. I've tried it before and I don't find it works as well

Hi Bud

Looking again, I agree with flatfish. Egg crate right across under where you got the K1 an heater in the last chamber.

Cheers

If it was me I would go Japmat - Coarse Sponge - fine sponge. Where the fine sponge was put the dacron. If you put the dacron first it will get junked up and a lot more cleaning and replacing quickly and by putting it at the end catches any fine mulm before it gets to the return and macropore. Where the egg crate is I would not bother and just use jap mat as the holes in most egg crate is larger than the bio media and the jap mat will stop the bio media from exiting and still allow good flow. You probably want the Macropore in the same location as where you currently have the fine sponge as you want water to flow through it as where you have it would not be doing much at all. Or better yet get a fluid bed like the otto and replace the sand with the macropore and it will do one hell of a job. This is a photo from The German (member id).

picofnov077.jpg