Mistyphoenix

New set up (and first setup!)

After window shopping at a non sponsor lfs I harrassed [MENTION=9562]t.p[/MENTION] to take me to AoA we managed to arrive 2 minutes before closing (SORRY GUYS!!!) as traffic was NOT on our side. With the amazing help of [MENTION=9246]Donny@ageofaquariums[/MENTION] and the guys I got my new goldfish tank and set up!!

2 foot tank and all the jazz needed to start the cycling!! I'm so unbelievably excites about this I think I will cry once my future finbabies join my household!!!

uvu3a7ym.jpg

The tank and filter.

a3eqeryr.jpg

Kenpachi my cat checking out the tank

va8u4a8a.jpg

And finally Kenpachi losing interest!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was also supposed to mention the tank has beautiful bevelled edges and something else but everyone was tired by that point and we forgot it haha xD

hahaha :3 aw, that's adorable! I think our dog has looked at the tank a whole 3 times.. unless she accidentally hits it with her tail (then has a heart attack, waiting for it to smash on the floor--super paranoid puppy).

I need me a cat! >:D

Maybe when something is in there Kenpachi will check it out more. It's beside my TV/computer, next to where I sit. I have Cornelius the crayfish waiting to go into the tank. Though he seems to be determined to get to the goldfish flakes come hell or high water!

Remember to be cat friendly - lids on tanks...for when they jump on top

Yes... I used to have a tank (well Mum did) and one cat would ONLY drink tank water. Was never interested in catching or eating fish. But she would sit on the tank and drink. A few times we would find the lids in the tank and a puddle of water and a pissy wet cat sulking in the sun. The tank I got from AoA came with some lovely lids thankfully as Kenpachi doesn't quite understand he can't sit on everything!

Indeed! The only tanks I have without lids are the ones in the locked study. She has been known to sleep on the hood when she can get away with it.

Our other cat is obsessed with eating fish food, doesn't matter if its flake, small pellet, large pellet - it's all good!

It must be something about the fish food.. Our dog comes running -- from anywhere-- at fish lunch time and dinner time.. And she'll do all sorts of tricks for the tiniest bit of flake.. It's so bizarre..

Might take Kenpachi a while to lose interest once the goldies go in :D

Yabbies are Houdini-esque escape artists, they only need the tiniest space to escape. When I was a kid not only woke up to *click *click *click *click *click *click *click as a yabby had managed to escape & was wandering across the kitchen tiles multiple times but on the rare & funny occasion my mum screamin "PETE! Get this ..... creepy crawly outta here!!!" when one would make its way to her room.

My mum's cat Miss Skitz, the one sittin on mum's dog Muttley hassling my dog Block in my avatar, she had an obsession with my BN pair in an old planted tank with Rams & Tetras too bout 10yrs ago. All the bright coloured Tetras & the super shiny Rams but she only really tried to hassle the BN. Must be somethin about cats & catfish Wraithie lol

Think someone is waiting for a shedding so the nippers do not work.

So he will shed his exoskeleton? Will I need to do anything for him? Or will I wake up with a shell of a former crayfish in the tank with him?

Yay!!! So happy you're thrilled with that tank and the set up so far :dance:

I can't wait to see your fancy goldies in there!! ^_^

[MENTION=9752]BigPete86[/MENTION] - we splurged and brought 10 crays, I have 8 left and I'm paranoid about them escaping after your little story!!

I'm very glad I'm not the only one with a cat who comes running when he hears the fish pellets, or sits and stares at the fish :)

P.S. Thanks again for the Clown Loaches!!! <3

Lol [MENTION=9562]t.p[/MENTION], "paranoia, paranoia, everybody's comin' to get me, just say you never met me, I'm runnin' underground with the moles, diggin in holes.

Hear the voices in my head I swear to god it sounds like they're snoring, but if you're bored then you're boring, the agony and the irony, they're killing me!". Wonder who knows where that verse comes from without googling lol.

My solution to stop my blue claw yabbies & red crays when I was a youngster was to break up/cut to size pieces of cd cases & duct tape them in place. Stopped those lil escapees for good & wasn't a pain when I had to lift the lid as I taped the plastic to the glass lid & just had a securing piece of tape to hold it to the filter pipe & back of tank which was easily removed & replaced ;)

[MENTION=9562]t.p[/MENTION] I'm so glad you like your birthday present! How is the other tank helping things? Thank you again for ALL your help!! I appreciate it so much xD I also look forward to the names you pick for my future fishies hehehe xD

[MENTION=9752]BigPete86[/MENTION] Cornelius had tried to escape not long after going in, I moved the filter to be more central and he stopped climbing it. He seems to be preoccupied with waving his claw around at his reflection.

No, Cornelius was bought to be oscar food for my friend t.p I gave her $1.50 for him which was the cost for one so I could ensure my tank was safe for life to be in there. Once this fortnight is over I'll be returning him to Macho the oscar and I'll be hopefully if Goldenswimmers has some available still getting two ranchu to put in there and it will be just them. Once my 3ft is fully paid off and they have a stand for their 4ft I'll transfer the ranchu to the 3ft and I'll start plans on my gorgeous betta community when the Ranchu are happy and healthy. By then I imagine Cornelius will have been oscar poop a long time ago. Unless Tara decides to keep him :)

Unless Tara decides to keep him :)

I do really like the little dudes...

They're growing on me and I was sad to see Macho smash that first one so damn quickly!!

if u like u can get some white clouds, i dont think the white clouds will attack the goldfish and they are pretty cool once the males start doing their dances. they need the same water as goldfish as well so no heaters needed.