smicko

high quality convict breeding program

Has anyone seen any around lately. I am starting a breeding program with some that I got. The male has a blue sheen over his body and through his top fin and the females have yellow streaks through the fins and a blue green sheen. I am attempting to bring back nice convicts so I am on the lookout for quality, preferably over 8cm. So if anyone has seen any please let me know.

Cheers mick

Hi Mick,

I picked up a nice young pair....(two fish that I hope will pair)...they are just about ready to be given their own tank!

Not for sale though

Would be Happy to swap fry eventually.....and work with you on a breeding program

Under rated fish!

I agree very underrated little fish. Some look amazing. I picked up a pair yesterday off a forum member to breed. They were on a white substrate and really washed out in colour. Now on a black substrate at mine they have coloured up nicely and the male has gotten a real red sheen through his fins and body. Would this guy be a pink x normal or just a nicely coloured normal?

Cheers Kieran

gana2aqy.jpgepugy8ed.jpgu2ababum.jpg

Hi Mick,

I picked up a nice young pair....(two fish that I hope will pair)...they are just about ready to be given their own tank!

Not for sale though

Would be Happy to swap fry eventually.....and work with you on a breeding program

Under rated fish!

Hi rod. A fry swap sounds good. Its good to see people putting the effort into these before its too late.

Cheers mick

How did a thread titled 'quality convict breeding program' become ''stunted deformed hybird garbage breeding program'

Yeah too right. I know I am gulity of raising sajica x convict young, but they are not leaving my house. Not big on balloon mutants or even white convicts.

Hi mate. The parents will eat the fry before they lay again, the only way to stop this is to separate them into another tank with the same water parameters or move the parents.

Cheers mick

Ok because I had them in a 2 foot and they kept disappearing and my girlfriend was getting upset but now I moved them in a 6 ft with plecos and crayfish in there. I'm trying to sell plecos but will they be alright in there or will they just eat the fry again

hi all .. i picked up 1 boy and 2 girl convicts recently..never had them b4..they seem to be very skittish..and power punch their food..lol is this the norm , for them? ..otherwise im enjoying them