Sign in to follow this  
buck

bucks 3ft scape

So I've finally started my new scape using the black basalt rocks i got ages ago. Im using Ista Shrimp Soil ( from the always friendly and helpful "the age of aquariums") and some smaller "drift wood" sections i collected yonks ago (There roots from some hard wood tree that a flood pulled up) I've cleaned and soaked the roots and pressure cleaned the rock.

so fare I've just hard scaped and put a little water in to get it most for when i get around to dry starting moss. Im not 100% sure what's going to be in it or what plants/ moss ill use atm the only defiants are peacock and sydney fiss along with my 19 yellow males and the lone female lol ( :evil: its doing my head in what are the odds of 19/1 m/f)

so fare ive used 28L of substrate, ive used sponge to elevate the scape and save money on soil.

tumblr_mqlbceuAoB1qjnrnyo1_r1_500.jpg

How it sits atm

tumblr_mqlbbiHET61qjnrnyo1_r1_500.jpg

a few different angles

tumblr_mqlba33Jjo1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mqlbatWz2t1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mqlbb7LLbg1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mqlbc2GZNu1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

I've got a sponge filter ill be raping in peacock for the top back left thats about he only thing not in the tank in the pics that is there now. Im using the same lights from my 2.5ft atm but ill be aiming to put a leds over it (when im aloud to spend again :preggers:)

Clean spongie?? it will be fine... I'm not going to have a big bio load and its not going to be the only filter :) just a bacteria house really and an air rater

Looks awesome dude, I'm a big fan of Sydney Fissidens & that driftwood will look sweet in a few months when it grows in. I seriously can't believe that you got 19 males, are you sure they are all mature? When I started using Biozyme(available at AOA) my yellows started showing their saddles & breeding, now I've always got a few berried girls in the tank. :egrin:

Cheers bro :) Ill be keeping this updated when ever something changes. I'm not keeping them in ideal condition ATM (a breeder box haha) so maybe they just hate that

So heres some updates of the tank there not good pics and Im not happy with how some of the crypts look ( here roots are all over the place. i might even pull them up and replace them with different c.wendtii. the right side is c.wendtii the left is a mix of others i forget there names now. im still not sure if i want to use a few stems in the background oe if im just going to et bigger crypts ( ones with better root systems) id also love a couple of erios in here too but i cant find any atm around brisbane.

all pics are takin with a galaxy s3 so there not great ill have to borrow my sisters dslr and get better ones :(

tumblr_mrq4npacps1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrr2t498Hn1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrr2txJiQa1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrr2v7K8nf1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrr2vhiBzH1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrr2wsI3Rm1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrr2wbRgsa1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

little bit of an up date. i got some erio shiga from mango yesterday and they look amazing!!!! the fish and shrimp are the same, silly celestial pears are to quick and so are the corys so the pics are just shimp and erio's haha

tumblr_mswr1ciJx41qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mswr0oQXv11qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mswr0fb5Eu1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mswr2hBiCh1qjnrnyo1_1280.jpg

the only female shrimp keeps strutting around with her saddle all prime but she wont berry up. im super keen for it to kick off, im hoping the celestials will get less timid and just swim in the open in a nice little school. there so freaking shy atm

I usually give them Biozyme(available at AOA) or some frozen bloodworms for a bit of a protein boost & it usually gets them going. The most important thing is that they aren't stressed, that will cause them to refrain from breeding quicker than anything. :egrin:

update on the tank, big difference! cade glass lilly pipe out flow glass in flow, fluval edge prefilter to keep shriplets safe, fluval 405 flowing in to an ista co2 reactor. ive finally got a legit co2 system 6.2 "mykegonlegs" cylinder with an unknown reg.

post-9288-14711630724726_thumb.jpg

Ill try and get some better pics so.

Edited by buck

cheers man, its been running as pretty much the hardscape for ages untill the gears got moving and it all came together :)

full run down on its new specs and details

hardware

• Ista shrimp stratum

• Ista co2 reactor $30 AOA

• UP aqua z series led

• 2x L.E.D flood lights

• Cade Glass Lilly pipe outlet

• Cade Glass inlet. With Fluval edge pre filter

Plants

• Cryptocoryne wendtii var

• Persicaria Sao Paulo

• Eichhornia Diversifolia

• Ludwigia Arcuata

• Myriophyllum Tuberculatum

• Ludwigia brevipes

• Hydrocotyle tripartita

• Didiplis diandra

• Rotala H'ra

Fish/ shrimp

• Celestial pearl danio (Celestichthys margaritatus)

• Chili rasboris (boraras brigittae)

• Pygmy cory (Corydoras pygmaeus)

• Otto (Otocinclus)

• Yellow cherry (Neocaridina heteropoda (var. Yellow).

Sign in to follow this