Oromis

Fish Shops on the South Side

On the north side were used to going to visit aquarium stores and being somewhat disappointed with what we saw but yesterday while we're staying on the south side we went around and visited two of the sites sponsors. Age of Aquariums and Pet City. It was incredible, completely and utterly impressed. Great stock, large range and very friendly staff!

Would actually consider looking at moving to the south side instead of the north side just for the great stores around.

Thanks guys!

We appreciate any feedback at all....... but its always nice when its good!

Its a small hardworking team at aoa. And I think we shine when it comes to solving a fish or product problem.

Thats how we get our kicks, and why we show up for work.

Its a great thing to have a job that is about coming up with solutions!

And how a shop deals with problems is certainly a good way to judge its character IMHO.

Anyways!

Ben has some pretty cool stuff in the works for Brisbanes fishkeepers.

Keep an eye on us coz.....

Southside is becoming a bit of a fish mecca!!

Pet City, Age, Marine mates (went there first time ever the other day!), Redlands, Exotic fish connections....

Someone convince Mark to move Smiths Aq over the hump and we will have it all!

:beer:

Pet City, Age, Marine mates (went there first time ever the other day!), Redlands, Exotic fish connections....

Yeah without Smiths, there is no reason to go fish shopping north of the Indooropilly Bridge. All the other stores over the bridge are lame.

Hey don't forget Hungs at Darra. Aint the tidiest place, but he does get some rare stuff and he is a top bloke. Also Annerley aint bad either especially for Rainbows. Oh and speaking of Rainbows lets not forget Mappins at West End. Yep the Southside has it all baby!!!!

Still haven't been to Mappins... It sounds dangerous for my wallet.... I'd better go check it out, lol

Wait till the Spring, Darryl runs it thin during the winter, as most Rainbow breeders dont do much over the winter.

Just a thought guys, I am not sure if people realise what an impact websites that review lfs have on them.

But if you ever wanted to do something for one of them...... take a few seconds to review them on websites like this one

Local Business Directory Australia

I am sure that all the sponsors here, and infact all the lfs in Australia would agree.

Not saying lie or anything, just some honest feedback.

Helps out all of us in a BIG way.

Just going to post some links to the sponsors here, its easy enough to find almost any shop on the search tho.

Age Of Aquariums, Browns Plains Brisbane - Aquariums

Pet City, Mount Gravatt Brisbane - Pet Shops

Redland Pets, Capalaba Brisbane - Pet Shops

Nielsens Marine Mates, Loganholme Brisbane - Pet Shops

The Tech Den, Woodford - Aquariums

FREE Aquaholics Online forum, Maroochydore - Aquariums (not sure this is right)

Smiths is alright, but I found it was very hard to find any particular fish as their all just everywhere, but otherwise its a great range and nice clean tanks. Aquarama is fairly good, but Pet City has great fish range and immaculate tanks. Age of Aquariums, i feel like a girl in a shoe store, its a great range. Everything you could want, and a whole lot of cool things that I don't need.