Has anyone seen anything like the fish in the picture locally, if so where? Presumably its a relatively new texas (or red texas) x pearled flower horn hybrid? Seems to be a bit of a deviation to the breeding most have done here.

post-9320-1471162953288_thumb.jpg

Same here. The silver markings to fins are particularly striking - that happens with titaniums/thai silks also doesn't it? Kasman also has something similar to the silver scales in some of his fry from the cherry king male. So the mutation or whatever it is must be fairly common in flowerhorn breeding now?

I just noticed on my big gt that he has a so e kind of overall sheen to his body. When he is out of quarantine I will take awesome phots of him and try to show u what I see everday. It's been a month in quarantine and I'm just not happy with his overall health. I dewormed him with parasite clear and hexex. He started to eat a half veggie protien pellet tetra veggie that was at the start of the week. After his worming I have put him on a broad spectrum antibiotic Oxytetracycline for his prolapsed breeding tube slash anus. All in all he has always been a super aggressive fish and is a tough little brick of a fish.

Sorry to hear the boy isn't well but if he's eating he might be on the mend?

I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to antibiotics and generally rely on reducing the diet, increasing salt in the tank with increased water changes.

I just noticed on my big gt that he has a so e kind of overall sheen to his body. When he is out of quarantine I will take awesome phots of him and try to show u what I see everday. It's been a month in quarantine and I'm just not happy with his overall health. I dewormed him with parasite clear and hexex. He started to eat a half veggie protien pellet tetra veggie that was at the start of the week. After his worming I have put him on a broad spectrum antibiotic Oxytetracycline for his prolapsed breeding tube slash anus. All in all he has always been a super aggressive fish and is a tough little brick of a fish.

True might try that next time meds are putting hole in my pocket. Keith are u in perth yet I'm going to aquotix right now will be there in 45 to an hour lol hope to catch u in the act lol