Glyphosate Technical Fact Sheet

The preparation of the surfactant POEA known as MON 0818 is used in some glyphosate formulations.7 POEA is moderately toxic to very highly toxic to freshwater fish.

The 96-hour LC50 values ranged from 0.65 mg/L to 13 mg/L. Products containing MON 0818 state on the label "This pesticide is toxic to fish".

I wouldn't trust it with anything I dont want to lose... and I bet it'll cause all sorts of problems if you want to breed anything in there. but in saying that, Im pretty sure

it breaks down relatively quick (the plastic might leech for awhile?).

You can pick food grade ones up pretty cheap, but really have to search... Currently waiting for one for $85...

I can pick up food grade ibcs for $50 in Hervey Bay so yep, agree with everyone else, why take the chance....

I have 2 which -

One has 300 + platties and the other has 100+ rosy barbs all year round and both have cichlids in summer (approx 6 months), both have bio-filters (no filter just a small pump for water movement and let nature do the rest, very green water but everything grows like crazy :) also the fun of seeing your fish is even more exciting because you only see them every few weeks.

Upgrading to a pool when I get back.

Good luck :dance:

will do AP very keen to buy some more once we move back up that way, just need to find a way of filtering more than one at a time with a single filtration system. at the moment im using a internal power head 3800L/hour in each IBC pumping into a container filled with bioballs and dacron.

Used IBC's, I can get one or two but they have previously held "roundup" after being flushed and scrubbed will they be fine to use for fish or rainwater collection ? Ever?

The with holding period is only 7 days so its pretty safe. Also it would be extremely dilute even if toxicity were much higher. I wouldn't be too concerned if you have given it a good rinse and a few days. You can try a test fish if your especially worried. IBC's are not UV stable though so if your keeping it outside, you might want to wrap or paint it unless your happy to replace periodically.