Tomartin

Easiest way to clean gravel?

Hey guys, I've got a whole load of black gravel for my 5x2, and I'm wondering everyone's preferred methods to clean it. I've cleaned probably around 100kg between my setups and from experience I'm not looking forward to cleaning this. So, i'm hoping someone can make my life easier and swing some tips? cheeeeeers :beer:

if this gravel is new and inside the plastic bags it comes in...what i do is put lots of holes on the bottom and middle of the bag then open the top and just keep spraying with a hose while tipping over a little bit to let the stuff on top run out. when the water starts to become clear, youre good to go.

ive used this method on 60kg of black gravel recently and it only took about 30 to 45 mins for 6 bags of 10kg.

Well I did it! I got a fishing net, and with a few handfuls in it at a time I sprayed with the 'jet' setting on the hose, jiggling the net around to mix it up. Took maybe 3 hours to get the old gravel out, clean the new stuff and get it in + a full water change. The water is crystal clear, so I think is my most successful method to date!