Daharkazangel

To african or not to african....that is the question.

Now I finally have some space!:flame: Don't stress ill still have Ellioti just not breeding them for a bit.:banplease: Anyway I should have a spare 4x18x18 once my ellioti eggs hatch and my fry grow out slightly more (so 4 weeks time?) and I 'think' I might go Africans. Im still undecided but need a change :dance:. I already have Oscars, silver dollars, goldspot pleco, salvini, convicts, ellioti, guppies, fighter fish, Niggs (tang), Bn and pep Bn, khuli loaches, bumbee cat, cherry shrimp, corys cats of all sorts...and im sure theres more... But I don't own a single African (minus the the tangs but that's a whole different ball game)

So shoot with me some ideas peps! Im thinking either a male display :fish: (feel free to leave lists :P )or two species tank that can breed but not cross breed:baby:. I have a WIDE range of fish avail to me but no idea where to start! If you were starting new in Africans what would you do, remembering my tank is only 4x18x18 (odd size I know :/)

Tangs are the best african, and there are many more to keep. Look at the goby cichlids, in with your nigripensis, maybe add some similis, maybe a julie for the rocks, perfect tank. add some cuckoo cats, cause the coll african lake has catfish too!!!

I did think about that but my niggs are breeding, don't want to disrupt that :( Don't want to risk something slipping through QT either. Im sticking to just niggs for now :P

Electric yellows.

Buy a good batch of juvies and grow them up.

That way if you decide to close down the tank, you can sell an electric yellow colony for profit.

And if you decide to breed, you will be able to sell the fry easy!

Remember this is the lake of yellow and blue.

A male placidochromis phenochilus tanzania, male red strawberry peacock and a male sulfur crested lithobate would give you some other colours to look at too.... and wont usually pounce on any smaller fish.

How is your tang display going Steve?

hahahaha shhhhhhhhhhhhh [MENTION=231]gingerbeer[/MENTION] they aren't mine, they belong to [MENTION=4961]Sparky[/MENTION] not me, :)

but i did offer to remove my real africans from our 4ft display tank so she can get some more tangs, so looks like jules will be asking you some questions soon,