lilly1958

What are these fish

Hi Folks, I was sold this pair of fish as Demasoni. Male being the darker one & the female was light blue striped & is now turning yellow. i have had 2 cichlid breeders look at these pics & they both said demasoni pair. It has now been suggested that the lighter one might be a lombardoi male. I am trying to sell these & don't want to rip anyone off by selling them the wrong fish. ID anyone please?

post-9052-14711629614764_thumb.jpg

post-9052-1471162961459_thumb.jpg

Males and females have similar coloration: rather bright blue body with dark blue to purple (sometimes appearing black) vertical bars extending on the dorsal fin. Both sexes are also roughly the same size. Males have longer ventral fins and more distint eggspots.

taken from cichlid profiles/species

Because I was originally told that these were peacefully American Dwarf Cichlids.. So I needed to check as I'm trying to sell them.

I have no idea what to do with them now as they are both beating up on my other fish. They killed a Bolivian Ram today.

Because I was originally told that these were peacefully American Dwarf Cichlids.. So I needed to check as I'm trying to sell them.

I have no idea what to do with them now as they are both beating up on my other fish. They killed a Bolivian Ram today.

Get em out of there for starters, they are not compatible socially and water chemistrywise with South American Dwarfs. These guys are agressive and will kill everything in your tank.

yeah the convicts will be fine and if you have set the tank up right the water should be closer to what they need in terms of PH and water hardness. Suggest you do a bit of research into cichlids before you take other peoples say so.