happyfish

Will pakistani catfish or loach? and pepp b/nose and krib co exist happily

Am thinking of adding a couple of pakistani catfish or loach? not sure which they are to a 4ft tank with breeding pepps.

Also want to add a breeding pair of krib as well.

currently only pepps, guppies and a couple of kuli loaches.

Will they live together in peace? dont want the pepp upset.

Looking for some colour with the pepps. Any suggestions? Thanks

no pakis in the breeding tank, they will more likely snach the fry. i think khuli an cory are fine as thats what i got in my 3f. an kribs are fine altho they will grab newly hatch fry from the edge if they are near by. just remember to have plently of caves/hidieholes for all.

have a look at what i got in my 3f, an that will give you an idea on what can work...

http://www.qldaf.com/forums/general-aquarium-discussion-19/3f-setup-start-93362/index5.html (linked you to pg5 where my latest list is)

just remember what works for me, may not work for others...

hope this helps.

Edited by HannibalsMum

pakis aka yoyo loaches (defantly loaches even tho they are classed as catfish the same as bristlenoses) are anything but placid... they kinda act like puppies with zipping round the tank chasing each other an other fish... i have 3 in my molly tank.. an they are a giggle to watch

there are qute a few cories that are colorful... there are pepper cory that look really cool. i have a little panda if you want to keep the black an white. you can get green an gold lasers that have a bright strip that run the length of their bodies. there are alsorts, most are calm an good to be in a tank with fry. my "bronze" cory have been in a tank while a molly has given birth an it never ate any. for months it was in with molly fry an it was a good at keeping the bottem clean.. er... lol

Edited by HannibalsMum

no worries.. what you were asking is what i have. its good to help. i'm no expert but i will share what i have experanced. usally some one will jump in if i'm wrong.

my cories can be quite active to, cory likes to splash me when he goes for air, an they are cute when cory an the panda "snuggle". lol

good luck on your hunt... :D

I've got both Yoyo's and Cory's in with my breeding cat's, as well as a mix of live bearers. The odd 1 or 2 go missing but then that's selection I suppose. I've got a ton of hidey holes for all and regular feeds make sure they aren't out looking for something to snatch.