RJHELL

Help with plants(ground cover) in 1ft cube

SUP. looking for a ground cover plant in a 1ft cube NoN-CO2 shrimp tank????

I have shrimp/aqua soil so

now would love to go from here with a ground cover with-out CO2 if i can help it for now.

Any help would be great.

Also am running a LED 5W flood/spot light of that helps in anyway.

post-6882-14711629622783_thumb.jpg

Cheers RJ

HM aka Hemianthus micranthemoides

Hemianthus micranthemoides is an easy to grow stem plant that will grow well in a wide range of water conditions,

tank parameters, and fertilization schemes. At minimum, moderate lighting should be provided to allow the leaves to grow

into a rich bright green. It can be grown with or without carbon dioxide, and minimum fertilization, but will grown extensively

with these supplements. Occasionally leaves may turn brown indicating either poor lighting or insufficient nutrients.

I don't do anything special, but if you have a good substrate this stuff just takes off like wildfire! google some pics :)

if you got high light tank, HM will crawl along the substrate and stay low, but if the light is not enough then it will grow upwards. and just to warn you...HM grows like a weed so you will have to trim it from time to time lol.

otherwise you can try hairgrass (need high light as well), but without CO2 it spreads really slow.

or with shrimp tank, you can tie peacock moss onto stainless steel mesh and they will grow like a carpet. Great for shrimps too! :)