Kitah

Which plecos to go with oscars in 6x2x2?

G'day guys :)

I'm a newbie here, and recently bought two young tiger oscars- one red, and the other is silver/black (someone told me it was called a 'blue'?)

I was planning on keeping the oscars in a 6x2x2ft, and was wondering about getting one or two plecos as well. I know probably my best bets would either be a common pleco or a gold spot, but I was also wondering if L264 or L027 would be suitable at all, how much they generally cost, and where I could get them if suitable?

Edit: actually, what about albino sailfin plecos as well?

Thankyou in advance!

Laura :)

Edited by Kitah

Might go a gold spot and an albino sailfin then perhaps. I know someone with some gold spots, will see if they have any albinos as well.

Why do I have to have some expensive tastes! Went to pet city the other day (First time I have ever been there- AWESOME store!) and I happened to find all the $1000+ plecos. Fortunately they aren't practical anyway because I'd be concerned the oscars would kill them.

Thanks very much for your quick reply :)

Edit again; suppose I should check- is it ok to have two different types of plecos in the one tank, or best to stick to the one type? Sorry, I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to plecos

Edited by Kitah

It should be ok to mix species of pleco. I have never had any dramas. I currently have a common pleco mixed with a gibby (sailfin pleco) and a royal panaque. Just make sure you have adequate hiding places so they can hide if they feel like it. Go the normal sailfin. They look good and can get pretty cheap.