Dan777manx

My aquaponic set up.

4 aquaponic beds.

60 silver perch

5 jade perch

10 red claw

Hand full of a mixture of BNs.

Been running for about 1 month and a half.

Flood and drain systems

All out of ibcs

All plants growing great

I know thats to many fish but im allowing for a few deaths

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Edited by Dan777manx

7e9erege.jpg

1 with corn. And a few free loading pumpkin. Which I will keep

u4y4apyn.jpg

Asparagus bed

ve9atuba.jpg

Potato and sweet potato bed

denasaqe.jpg

3 types of tomatoes. And 2 peanut plants that I thought I would try.

Any suggestions or questions

Im happy to help

Yes built all myself.

Pump is 4500 l/hr. Want to make sure the water is being turned over at least twice an hr. But had to much flow to the growbed. So put a diverter tap in as wll. So I can adjust the flow in all beds. And can work on them individually if I need to

Clay balls I cheated. The bottom half of the beds are 20mm river rock...I got 8 bags of clay balls from the guys on Pickering st at enogera.

Plumbing. Stand pipe is 25mm pvc into a 40mm pvc. On the inside of the fish tank there is 40mm pool heating pips that you see on house roof tops. Used as a spray bar. With open end to stop blocking.

The fish tank is in the middle with the 2 beds on each side.

Each side draining into same 40mm pipe. Even when the 2 beds drain at the same time it doesn't slow rhe flow.

Will try get some pics in the morning

At uni we did a recirculating system with 1000L tubs , each tub had a different stocking density of silver perch, some were stocked with over 100 fish, we found stockings didnt really effect growth as much as food supply. but there were more deaths in the more heavily stocked tanks up to 40% deathrate! mostly caused by fish eating each other, there was a marked amount of shooting ( fish growing way faster than others) and then eating the smaller ones.

We had redclalw in the macrophyte bed, never did a water change in 7 months, the silver perch were released into grow out ponds at around 15cm, red claw self propagated, we pulled thousands out, and maybe 300 12cm or bigger, only started with a few dozen, The macrophyte bed was full of floating water cabbage, we removed about 1-2m2 every week, to keep it under control, and used it as mulch...typically the roots had heaps of redclaw fry on them..

Pics of plumbing

From the growbed down the bell siphon.

ate9edeh.jpg

dy6ymudu.jpg

Into the 40mm pvc

semuzyvy.jpg7ahaty2a.jpg

Then through the ibc with a bulkhead into the spray bar

asubebuj.jpg

The 90pvc where the strawberries are growing is a constant flow. With a few rocks in the pipe for the roots to grip on to and slow the water abit.

4u7udymu.jpg

The tap is open just enough to let the water trickle through.

Tap at each end of the pipe and a T in the middle draining back to the fish tank.

uze5uge8.jpg

Hey Dan, how are you going with additives, as in, have you changed much of what you were doing in your fish keeping capacity to aquaponics?

I know I had to check up on a few products where customers asked if they were safe for use with human consumption in mind and after checking with suppliers they were not recommended? Did you have to change much?

I have not added any things to the system yet. As everything is growing well.i can add some liquid iron if I want to. There is some products sold the the hydrponic/aquaponics shop on Pickering st enogera. He has added it to his system and all Is well. So will see how I go