unheatedtank

Man, beware of this fish

They eat nuts... correct me if I'm wrong, but are they not herbivores?

So over sensationalist media...

omnivores i think, their favorite food is "nuts" that have fallen off the branches... seems they have some sort of resemblance hahaha.

Here is a useless fact also Hippo's are also omnivores and also one of the top man killers in Africa

River Monsters ppl, check it out. Jeremy Wade went & caught Pacu & spoke to Papua New Guineans who'd heard of attacks & one who'd been attacked. They were introduced into PNG as a food source but the Pacu's favourite natural foods like nuts, figs & other bush fruits (which are round, sometimes furry & roughly the same size as ....) are extremely scarce in these locales such as PNG, Europe, America which means the likelihood of a Pacu being a lil more voracious chasing what it thinks is one of its favourite foods is massively increased. Add in the murkiness of the waters & it wouldn't be hard to mistake 'man fruit' for real fruit...

Due to their human shaped teeth there were lots of misconceptions or superstitions about what was causing the bites too. Spirits, monsters etc.

They eat nuts... correct me if I'm wrong, but are they not herbivores?

So over sensationalist media...

In the amazon they are primarily herbivorous - fruit, nuts and seeds.

However in places like PNG they have had to adapt their diet a bit as the vegetation is different and just doesn't support them on their 'usual' diet.

In PNG they thought that Pacu and a bunch of other fish would fill a 'vacant' niche (compared to similar tropical streams worldwide) and provide food/opportunity for the locals.