RR8TED

My african cichlid 2 foot cube

Ok, I thought the time has come to post up pictures of my 2 foot cube aquarium for a critique, I would appreciate opinions from you guys, good or bad as this is my first attempt of keeping Africans, I have kept everything else from marine to goldfish to oscars and everything in between.

Anyway, the tank is a 650s aqua one cube with black sand substrate and egg crate underneath, heaps of Texas holey rock for a reef look.

It's being filtered with an FX5 canister filled with matrix, marine pure and macropore, also the top is being skimmed via a tunze comline filter filled with wool and macropore.

A 150w jäger heater keeps the water at a constant 26 degrees and an aqualina led light replaces the 4 x 18 inch flouro lighting the tank originally came with.

There's a fair mixture of cichlids in the tank, probably around 22, plus there's a pleco hiding in there aswell

This tank has been running for 6 months like you see it with no problems[ATTACH=CONFIG]38910[/ATTACH]

I think that pretty much sums up the tank, so any suggestions or opinions are appreciated

Hopefully the photos work

Thanks very much

post-1947-14711629702229_thumb.jpg

post-1947-14711629702467_thumb.jpg

post-1947-14711629702611_thumb.jpg

post-1947-14711629702761_thumb.jpg

post-1947-14711629702924_thumb.jpg

Thanks Donny, much appreciated

The tank is great at the moment, the size of the fish when they mature will help me convince my wife that I need a bigger tank, I had a 8 footer but sold it, she said no more, I say more more more haha

I have a 620t as well that I am probably going to setup a similar way but use pure crushed coral sand and lava rock with a blue backing, I'm hooked on Africans, I never thought I would have them, now I do I want more

I will come down to see you Donny when I need the lava rock ( when I'm allowed to have the lave rock) haha

its nice to see that the old neglected tank gets a new life. That was a nice piece and Ive got lots of enquiries about it after you've got it. Come to think that Ive been selling it for months and nobody bothered to take it.

Well as you can see it came up a treat, I have a few friends that keep fish and all love this tank, I love this tank, all I did was gut the fluoros and kept the lid piece in tact and put LEDs in.

I had my old man have a look at repairing the original flouros but they were past it

You kept this tank is great condition Edwin, hardly a mark on it, I have read about the tank you picked up, one word, MASSIVE

Best of luck with it

Thanks for the replies guys, I was thinking of putting in a few silk plants to add a little more colour to the tank, I will see if I can find anything I like, though I am happy with it the way it is

Looks freaking awesome man. Love the rock. Might warn u though, they will outgrow that 2 foot, i had africans in a 2x2x3 about 2 years ago i know have a 7 foot hahha, i dont like letting go of fish ive raised and watched grow, u will get attached like me :P.