th3f0rg0t3n

expensive taste

i have a few "fussy" fishy children that will simply NOT look at any form of pellet or many different frozen variety foods,

however, they have taken to salmon fillet's like a duck to water, and just lap the stuff up like its going out of fashion!!

and @ $35 per kilo, i sure hope its full of beneficial nutrients and vitamins hahaha,

anyone else have fussy fish that just choose/enjoy to eat everything but what you would ideally like them too ?

my varied dieting has only become a high priority since HIKARI KRILL seems to be at an australian shortage and ive stretched all other avenues, cmon hikari give us more krill

rather not feed my pets somthing that has anything to do with sulfuric acid - Methyl Bisulphide

and struggle to understand what prawn heads do for your fish, or what type of fish you might be feeding that too ?? salmon-tail catfish maybe but yeah lol.

@JP, i've got basa on my list to try feeding, and my local fish shop didn't stock it when i last visited i think i might have to try woolies or something where do you get it from ??

My Saratoga wouldn't touch any pellets (massivore, carnisticks etc) so he lived on bloodworms for a while. A couple of weeks ago I bought some Aquamunch Colour Advance for my Africans and thought I may aswell chuck some in the toga's tank. He went nuts! Now at feed time he takes the pellets out of my hand before I can drop them.

1kg salmon cuts pack on sale in woolies- $20 only. Good treat for fish. Its imported but doesnt have the warning label (for human consumption only). I think the warning only applies to cheaper seafood like prawns and marinara.

stuck to buying fresh quality salmon fillets down at the moololaba by the spit, renowned seafood shop straight off the boats but at that premium price,

pay that extra for peace of mind,

fj mentioned the salt in seafood being hard for the freshwater's to digest, have you any fish edwin that are on a staple diet of the salmon ?