ozmo

Deltec Aquastat 1001 vs Tunze 3155

Hi Rob, I have the Tunze in stock and if you want to pop in for a look happy to pull the Tunze out. The Tunze does have an option of adding a power control to use a larger pump which is good for water changes when you want to add larger quantities of water. I do not know if the Deltec has it but the dual sensor with the Tunze with the float and optic sensor gives a built in redundancy too.

Hi Rob.

The Deltec Aquastat 1001 will be a grey import if you are buying this online in Australia. The Australian Distributor does not carry this unit as it has moulded european plug inputs and does not come in a Australian version. Your best bet would be to buy a 3155 from either Tech Den or Myself and also pickup a Age of Aquariums - Tunze Osmolator Pump Switch Socket so you can top up your 6 x 2's a lot faster.

Just for a little FYI as this is not directed at anyone, As Ben mentioned grey importing I thought I would just add that it is known that Tunze has also been apart of grey import by some retailers. I was made aware of this when I questioned the Australian Distributor for Tunze about a couple of prices. The interesting thing I found out was they would only support/warrant products purchased through the Authorised channels and I know the Ben with Age of Aquarium and ourselves are Authorised, Supported and Covered by the Australian Distributor for Tunze, obviously there are others but not all and you just might want to ask the question and find out before you purchase or contact the Authorised Tunze Distributor.

By purchasing through a grey importer means you are solely reliant on the retailer for all service support and warranty claims and the warranty is as good as what they provide and as long as they exist.