Kitah

Transporting 8 x 2 x 3fter

Hey guys, was just wondering if I could get some advice regarding transporting a 8 x 2 x 3 ft tank. The other weekend my brother and I moved a 6 x 2 x 2, cabinet, hood etc from carindale to my place, however it was exceedingly heavy and I can only imagine how much the bigger 8fter will weigh.

Are they easy enough to transport on a car trailer if I conned some relatives into helping, or would I be better paying a company to shift it for me? if so, does anyone know of reasonably priced transport companies that do a tank this size?

Thanks in advance :)

Laura

Thanks cichlidwife :) My brother and father both have utes, and we have a standard trailer but not even the 6x2x2 tank didn't fit on the trailer properly- the tail gate wouldn't go up. Maybe we could just move it with a car trailer.. but of padding underneath, strap it down tight and drive carefully... I just have no idea what company I'd go through otherwise, or the approx cost to have it moved.

*my brother and father both have dual cabs though. in theory a car trailer would work though?

I just moved my 10x3x2 on Sunday and it was 400kg+ tank only. What we did was get the van/ute/truck as close to the tank as you can, if possible pivot the tank so it sitting diagonally on the stand and slide it into your vehicle.

Does depend on how high your stand is though, if its metal a few Jack helps. It took 8-10 people to actually pick up and carry my big tank. So if you are picking it up your looking at the tank being 250-300kg+ :)