goldenswimmers

New tankmates at Firefin Cove.....

Recently moved my pr of firefin comps to a new set up and they seemed a bit down(well that one that didnt get the prime real estate anyways!)so they now have some new tankmates to help them socialize and I think it shows a bit of entertainment goes a long way.....

And yeah 1 problem....I cant remember what these guys are :pout:...I forgot about 10 minutes after grabbing them :faint:...

i know they are Cyprichromis Leptosoma Jumbo ?????????????? and then its gone....kitumba?...chaitika?....gold fin kapampa?.....being new to these guys and having a big name like that...bad combo :dance: and google aint helping as it seems to them these guys all look the same :pout:.....

20131003_172610_zps504575ba.jpg

20131003_172802_zpsbb3e7d02.jpg

20131003_172613_zps58d88826.jpg

20131003_172756_zpsb61b852b.jpg

20131003_172759_zps90e1ced2.jpg

Edited by goldenswimmers

Hi Brent,

Hard to say but they look a decent size. I'm ruling out Kitumba (even though there are so many different colour variations) and leaning towards something like Moliro.....

However... I've put my sherlock holmes coat on and reading into Ian's post I'm thinking he might be the seller :) and you may already know the answer..... Hmmm....

Cheers,

Jason

Hey Jason :dance: unfortunately its not Ian mate :pout:...hopefully should find out today :dance:...Im 99% sure it has to be either a chaitika,a gold fin kapampa or kitumba as these are the only 3 the seller had/has so :faint:...the kitumba dont make it easy for anyone with the patterns they throw it seems(but im thinking too much black/blue)....but notice the pattern on my guys seems to be yellow front half to a blue/black tail...all fins are yellow which is what throws me off the other guys too...

and makes me wonder about the kapampa guys(being called goldfins :brick:)...damn and then who knows what chaitika are meant to be like because google is giving me nada'...all I can do is source the source...will chuck the name up when I get it in case anyones curious....

Sweet mate.... I'm curious ;) OK.. I've got my money on the Gold Fin Kapampa then. But being a bad gambler it's clearly not going to be that!

I've got a colony of 19 Kitumba and none of my males come even close to looking like that sort of colouration (would be easier if they didn't have so much variation). But as I said I'm just going off the size as they look a good size in the photos. I'd expect Kitumba to have a lot more vivid colours in them by the time they were that size.

Edited by JB

Gold Fin "Kapampa" for the win...rung the supplier...and to add a little sugar..from german stock..a new variety available apparently(as told..im a noob bigtime! :ranger:)thought the fact they all have yellow fins might mean something(genius:brick:) and its a uniform pattern not scattered...

Edited by goldenswimmers

Well that didnt go to plan :faint: when purchased asked for 2 girls and a boy...turns out I was given 2 boys and a girl...and yep the 2 boys bashed the girl to death...as you do :faint: ..so now i have 2 jumbo german stock male gold fin kapampas up for swaps/trades as sausage fests dont make many babies..:der:...very open with offers guys and not chasing their value(but would love some young calvus,etc or other tangs) so PM if interested....:faint: