Sign in to follow this  
malawicichlids

i think my Acei's female is holding? Please help

hi everyone sorry but i couldn't figure out how to put a pic on the post. was wondering if my female acei was breeding. she stays in one corner of the tank and has a big lump under her mouth. this is the first time that i have bred this type of fish and wanted to know if i should strip her now or later when the eggs have hatched. is there any good way to catch her without removing all the rocks or causing her to eat the fry by being scared.

cheers,john :wink: :lol::o:D:)8O

Hay John

Will if she look swolen under her chin she is probly holding

But if its your first time I wouldn't try and strip her

I would just put her in a nother tank and let her spit her self

The fry are usaly heads and tails after 10 days so if she spits after the 10 days the fry should survive

Roo

To post picks get your self a photobucket acount and up load ya pix there

Then just coppy and past

Click past url then click again

Hi John

Not really, but just take out the rocks that make difficult hiding spots, so you can et around all of the tank, but dont have to disturb it as much.

hi everyone sorry but i couldn't figure out how to put a pic on the post

i just posted a guide on posting pictures :

http://www.qldaf.com/modules.php?name=F ... pic&t=1690

Hope it helps!!

Beau

wait till night time when the tank lights are on and the fish are asleep gently net her and you will be able to catch her without freeking her and the other fish out to much

I fine its easer if you take out a lot of the hiding placers and place a pot or someing in the tank and just move the fish round slowly til she in in the pot then place the net over it and put her in the other tank as quick as u can but gently so as not to stress her out to much

Or let her hold them for 10 day B4 you try to move her that way if she spits the fry have a good chance of being ok

And use the water from her tank for a better change over

Roo

Good luck with that Nick. Acei's are black.

The easiest way with acei's is to quietly take apart the tank at the 2 week mark. That way fry are free swimming & easier to raise. She won't spit at this time if she is comfortable with you. They just go to the opposite end of the tank of where your hands are. You may only have to take down 1/2 the tank.

I use one big net & one small net. The small net is used to herd the fish down one end on the tank. {Make sure no heaters or filters at that end} Use the big net to scoop. Easiest way I have found.

One net chasing fish around gets you no where.

This is one reason why I set up my 4x2x2 as a display. Sick of taking out lava rock.

Frenchy :D

Sign in to follow this