I have a 4ft display tank with Pindani, Maingano, Aceii, Saulosi (all bluish in colour) and Electric Yellows, Saulosi Females, small Clown Loaches (orange/yellowish in colour).

My question is - what particular brand / colour spectrum style fluro will enhance the colours of my fish more effectively - eg blue spectrum? general aquatic spectrum? other? :?:

Unfortunately I've only got a single fluro light so I cannot mix and match tubes. My rockwork is black basalt type ( not lava rock purchased from Raycam :wink: ) and my substrate is white sand.

Your lighting advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Peter

"Fluroescent Tube Sylvania Aquastar 36watt

Click to enlarge

Price

$35.99

120 cm

An excellent fluorescent light tube for use on planted freshwater aquaria, and can be used for soft corals when used in multiples of 3 or more.

A range of 10.000 K tubes developed to promote the growth of coral and aquatic plants by simulating lighting conditions found in their natural environment.

Is this the one you are referring to? Thanks for the tip. :)

Cheers

Peter

thats the fluro i'm talking about

"Fluroescent Tube Sylvania Aquastar 36watt

Click to enlarge

Price

$35.99

120 cm

An excellent fluorescent light tube for use on planted freshwater aquaria, and can be used for soft corals when used in multiples of 3 or more.

A range of 10.000 K tubes developed to promote the growth of coral and aquatic plants by simulating lighting conditions found in their natural environment.

see ben at age of a aquariums for a great price or neilsens marine mates

It certainly pays to shop around. That's for sure. 8O

larger image Sylvania T5HO Aquastar 39W

AU$19.80

Light colour: 10,000 Kelvin (simulating the tropical light spectrum)

Promotes the growth of coral and aquatic plants through natural red and blue sections of the light spectrum

Excellent lighting performance

For all biological organisms in fresh and marine water aquariums

Add to Cart:

Model: Sylvania T5HO Aquastar 39W

Shipping Weight: 1Kgs

Manufactured by: Sylvania

T5 and T8 Fluorescent Tubes

Product 21/38

larger image Sylvania Aquastar 39W

AU$15.00

A range of 10000K tubes developed to promote the growth of coral and aquatic plants by simulating lighting conditions found in their natural environment.

Features

• Light Colour: 10000 Kelvin (simulating the tropical light spectrum)

• Promotes the growth of coral and aquatic plants through natural red and blue sections of the light spectrum

• Excellent lighting performance

• Combination with other lamp types not required

• Available in two packages

- Retail Sleeved

- Standard Sleeved

Applications

• For all biological organisms in fresh and marine water equipment.

Add to Cart:

Model: Sylvania Aquastar 39W

Shipping Weight: 1Kgs

Manufactured by: Sylvania