Lol they reckon they haven't faded?

Edit** Sorry was referring to this: " True Red texas are already red/orange when they are born and not black like other sites claim. "

Edited by angry

Lovely fish. Interesting parentage if they haven't faded ie would have to be different to breeding lines here and in the US? Wonder if they have mutated genes. Or fade very early like some of the KKP fry from SE Asia. Sigh!

Lol they reckon they haven't faded?

Edit** Sorry was referring to this: " True Red texas are already red/orange when they are born and not black like other sites claim. "

Lovely fish. Interesting parentage if they haven't faded ie would have to be different to breeding lines here and in the US? Wonder if they have mutated genes. Or fade very early like some of the KKP fry from SE Asia. Sigh!

When are we going to see some of your RT's Keith??

Cant keep em locked away for ever lol!

Well as you can see from my album, Red Texas, she looks nothing like these. These are beautiful fish, mine, as sweet as she is, is white most of the time (but shes always trying to breed) with a few orange marks the rest of the time.

When are we going to see some of your RT's Keith??

Cant keep em locked away for ever lol!

When I've got something near perfect Kasman. The speed of the SE Asian industry to produce new and continually better RT's is really dispiriting though and this may be the last season at least with my current gene pool as I don't believe even with inbreeding now we can get the colour they do unless we invest in their bloodlines (if they will sell fertiles). Really, where do they get those deep red genes from - which CA species comes to mind????

When I've got something near perfect Kasman. The speed of the SE Asian industry to produce new and continually better RT's is really dispiriting though and this may be the last season at least with my current gene pool as I don't believe even with inbreeding now we can get the colour they do unless we invest in their bloodlines (if they will sell fertiles). Really, where do they get those deep red genes from - which CA species comes to mind????

i kind of think we will always be behind over here. Same as fh. We have and are closing the gap but as soon as we think we have matched them theyve jumped ahead again and/or a new trait is now being targeted. The red pigment is a tough one. I think u said the other day when u were picking up some fish from me, that if u were to start a rt program again ud start with fh. I think this is the only way to get red. Im sure the o/s rt most likely have no texas in them at all.

Edited by kasman

You're right. We and the US breeders seem more to have fallen in love with texans first then with super greens and then thought it would to good to have red variants - and I hear some are crossing with jacks to get recessive blue genes as well. I think there is texas in better pearled SE Asian fish but that it many generations ago. But I am still mystified how they fixed those wonderful red genes in their later hybrids.

does any1 here actually believe they sell rt like that? <<<< very suss......reading reviews was like asking a kid if he wanted candy>>>>> i wont b forking out $300 , why dont we see photos 6mths on? or a year? c'mon if u write a review we should see present day photos...... i think if u spend $300 at this site, its down th drain

They are real, no doubt in.my mind. They have a pic of a 5-7cm fish in his hand and a 15cm one in the tank, that's around 6 months growth

I've seen red texas in oz that are that good, they are around mostly in Sydney and sell for $500-600 each depending on the breeder

Cheers mick

Edited by smicko

Fish like these are made by clubs not just individuals.. A lot of the difficulty in reproducing masterpieces is that even the ones that created them don't know the full line history..hybrid fish by nature are mixed and have murky parentage hidden by secrets and closed doors. Often members of clubs will take one portion of the project and refine it then they do trades of groups of fish with traits to narrow down towards their goal..

Until we get together, invest some serious dollars and stop trying to do it on our own.,, it's never gonna happen in Australia. Many have tried, got disheartened and dumped lots of sub par fish on the market.

imagejpg1_zps8fa5e157.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsf239dd46.jpg

We need warehouses with thousands of fish to choose from, we need to grow them longer and be able to choose 100 fish to keep from a spawn not two or three. We are years behind Asia and will never catch up, the cost is lower over there and they are smarter and more group and goal oriented than we are :(

I honestly think the best we can hope for is more good fish slipped passed customs.