razuya

Help sex my Jag and Festae

I'm gonna say your jag could be female at 15cm IME the dorsal & anal fins have been longer and pointier, my male jag at that size the d&a fins were level with the tip of the tail fin,

Festae I'll agree with ozmo, I'd say all female, I don't have much exp with festae but they have the tell tale black front half of the dorsal fin usually a female identifier in "cichlasoma" like trimac, salvini, Cubans ect

But again could be off venting is really the only 100% way you can tell

Thanks for the responses. I was sure pic 2 would be a male. At 13cm I thought a female festae would've started showing the vertical bars 100% of the time, not just when stressed? Or could this just be a poor quality female. pic 2 also has 3 blue speckles in both the d&a fins.

I bought pic 3 and pic 4 off in a group of 4 off someone else on the forum who said they came originally from rastinger and ozmo.

All festae female and more than likely male for the jag going on colouration............although at 15cms i wouln't bet on it...............with a body as deep as that...........it could be a nicely coloured female.

edit:..................on 2nd look...........the slope of the jag's nose has me leaning even further towards female, but i wouldn't place money on it.