The Duke

Help with aqua one aquis 1200 filter

Hi hoping someone can help me with my canister filter. Problem I am having is the water is going into the canister filter and coming back out the other end but the water is not passing through any of the canister filter media trays. The trays and holes etc all seem to be lining up the same as usual and I can not see any damage has me dumbfounded please any help will be greatly appreciated.

The intake and outlet tubes running to the canister are filling up with detritus it's filthy. Meanwhile all the media sponges etc are squeaky clean no waste on them at all. I have been fiddling with this filter for almost 2 months now. Had it for over 11 months, clean it monthly and know how dirty it should get but there is literally no waste for the past 2 months in any of my sponges or other media.

The very top rubber seal between motor head and the top tray is critical as the dirty water needs to go down to the very bottom. Do you have filter media coarse at bottom with each tray above getting finer? Fine wool in the bottom tray would be a major problem for example. I know a guy who had the same problem because he forgot to take the media out of plastic wrapping for first 3 months ( funny but true story).

Are you saying it was working well for 9 months and suddenly not for the last 2 months?

http://www.aquaone.co.uk/documents/Aquis500-1200_instructions_lowres_new.pdf

All I can think is that the top inlet is broken off so the water does not get to the bottom of the filter so have a look at that, If the pipe is broken off the water will pass across the top of the filter and back out.

Edited by savage_roo