mickd

help..newbie needs info on best way to catch A FISH

hi all

well this might be a dumb one to ask but ive got too many male endlers in my tank and for the love of me i can't catch the little buggers lol.any one got a easy way of doing it? or do i have to take every plant,rock etc out and do a full on ..... i will get you if its the last thing i do :peep:

ive used 2 nets at a time,i even got a large tube and sat there waiting for them to come close and had a go at sucking them up :jaw:

please help this newbie

mick

If you don't care which ones you catch and only want to reduce the numbers then use a fish trap. Plastic bottle with some food inside will do. Add some string if you don't want to get your hands wet.

If your after one fish in particular and really useless with a net then take everything out as this will be faster. And if your still having problems, drain most of the water out as well.

This worked for me when I wanted to remove a single rainbow shark from a tank crowded with rocks, driftwood and plants. All lights off in the house for a few hours. Creep up quietly with a dull torch and search quickly for your target fish. Lights on and with your net go for the target. You only have a minute or so though, before they wake up.