Flanagan001

lighting - Led / Flouro

I've only got a cheap LED plant light from ebay, and it pales in comparison to the light from my Aqua One Fluro.

But it's all about quality, a good quality LED would most likely pale my Aqua One in comparison. Depends on what you're willing to spend, and whether you worry about how much energy they use. Personally the Fluro's are brighter (Assumingly that would allow your fish to shine better), but the LED's are more energy efficient (And can still look very good, especially if you get some of the more expensive ones)

My tank is 6ft but at present only has a 4ft, 4 tube flouro. All tubes are white so WD were going to buy pink and blue but then thought maybe we should go a different way.

I do want the best light to show fish off but energy efficient.

The current tubes are 55watts each.

I bought a Fluval LED Sea last month and have found it to be a great light.

The colours in my Tang Tank are nothing short of spectacular.

Although they are a little pricey, the colour enhancement is well worth it.

Check this review..

Product Review: Hagen Fluval Sea LED Light - Reefs.com

Here's the light in my 4ft tank

zKMFmC4.jpg

That looks great. I love the set up and lighting. I checked out the link to website, wow. Only 42.5watts to run with every led on. For me to use the 4tubes I have on my light I would use 220watts. That'sa huge saving. They ddidn't say how much they were though.

Edited by Flanagan001

Go the Led lighting..

I got mine from stringer in manly..

5 foot long strips, two colours & on a dimmer..

Price was good, go the 50/50 power tho

Could you possibly take a pic to show what those lights look like? What is the wattage?

I was thinking of retrofitting t8 led tubes, but the colour range is limited.

Recently due to our flouros screwing up we replaced ours with LED and we went for a Dalua SS90 and so far it's good. Colours look good, much better than our old sylvania aqua star and grolux tubes did. The main thing for us though is that the plants love it and it's easier to take photos in the tank. it's actually brighter to the camera than 4 39W T5HOs were

SS Freshwater

Recently due to our flouros screwing up we replaced ours with LED and we went for a Dalua SS90 and so far it's good. Colours look good, much better than our old sylvania aqua star and grolux tubes did. The main thing for us though is that the plants love it and it's easier to take photos in the tank. it's actually brighter to the camera than 4 39W T5HOs were

SS Freshwater

What depth is your tank?

Its a 3x2x2 so the light has some pretty decent penetration. The plants seem to like it and it really brings out the blue stripes on our dwarf gourami. As far as plants go they seem to like it but we've only had it set up for a week so we can't be too sure. But the one set up at the store seemed to be growing plants really well.

Sure, no worries. The first image is straight out of the camera and color wise looks off compared to what it looks like to me. The second one is after I processed the RAW and to my eye it looks spot on for colours.

post-10433-14711630050809_thumb.jpg

post-10433-14711630050952_thumb.jpg

I would post a video but im having trouble using the camera lol