Breno4313

Would these led lights be any good?

Hi everyone, I don't know much about LEDs would these be any good for a 122x46x46cm tang cichlids tank? They are quite cheap so it's prob just wishfull thinking. Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers Brendan

NEW Aquarium LED Light Marine Coral Lamp 1 2 M Blue White Reef 100 W Power 4 FT | eBay

Edited by Breno4313

I don't have any personal experience with Tangs or Marine tanks. But I do know the cheap LED plant light I bought on Ebay does wonders with my tank, the plants are healthy and growing (When the snails aren't attacking them) and when I trim them back, new shoots fly out very quickly. So my advice is give it a go.

But you can wait for more recommendations from Tang experts. :)

Sorry for the mix up mate its freshwater cichlids from lake tanganyika. Maybe they might be worth a go just don't want to waste a $100 bucks that I could put towards other ones. How bright are the ones you got?

Edited by Breno4313

Hi everyone, I don't know much about LEDs would these be any good for a 122x46x46cm tang cichlids tank? They are quite cheap so it's prob just wishfull thinking. Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers Brendan

NEW Aquarium LED Light Marine Coral Lamp 1 2 M Blue White Reef 100 W Power 4 FT | eBay

I do led for camping ,

Where there is blue it will give a blue hue to the water making it look unnatural ,

Led will not promote algae

I have them on a lot of tanks as I make them ,and have to say they are not as good as t8 for display....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-LED-White-Blue-Light-2-Mode-Fish-Tank-Aquarium-Clip-Lamp-Adjustable-Soft-Arm-/390646544348?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af45937dc

^^This is the LED I have^^

I will upload an image of the tank if you would like? The light has a touch controller, and goes between white only, blue and white, and blue only.

There are places that sell much better LED lights, I've been told that Annerley Aquarium has LED's that can simulate lightning storms, sunsets and sunrises and many other lighting situations. I haven't seen this in person, but plan to some day soon. I'm unsure of a brand for this type of LED light, or a cost.

Edited by BoilingPoint