Kitah

Teco T20 vs Hailea HC-500A

Just now needing to buy a chiller for a 4x2x2 for some axolotls. They're only in a 150L tank at present but as soon as further funds permit they will be going into the 4fter.

I'm planning on buying a new chiller, either the teco T20 vs the Hailea HC-500A. There is a reasonable price difference between them but if there really is a big difference in quality and running costs, I'm happy to get the Teco (Would be buying it from AoA).

Just now needing to buy a chiller for a 4x2x2 for some axolotls. They're only in a 150L tank at present but as soon as further funds permit they will be going into the 4fter.

I'm planning on buying a new chiller, either the teco T20 vs the Hailea HC-500A. There is a reasonable price difference between them but if there really is a big difference in quality and running costs, I'm happy to get the Teco (Would be buying it from AoA).

Hi I service chillers - Im more of a fan of the Hailea's , just for their service-ability and rock solid performance.

...as it turns out i have both a TC20 TECO and a Hailea HC500a in stock , Biggera Waters on the Gold Coast, they should be ready for sale by Friday evening 1st of November.

They are both pretty good chillers, just you pay more for the TECO with the better quality electronic controller, capable of running the UV and heater, it also has dual temperature sensors and its able to cool itself as well as the water. Pretty important if you are planning on running it a lot.

As to running costs they are about the same.

All chillers are just compact fridges (with out a door) and a fan to help them do the same job (make stuff cold) but a lot quicker.

Edited by gcebiker