billfish

Market day question

Actually there was a very wide range of fish.

Platies, Guppies, Florida Flags, Blue Acara, Jack Dempsy, Eletric Yellows, Angles, Plecos, Gibbys, Bristlenose,

Rummynose Tetras, Cardinal Tetras, Neon Tetras, Ottos, Red Lizard whiptails, Bettas just to name a few.

There were heaps more including other cichlids, catfish etc and there was even some rare African Knife Fish.

We also have heaps of timber, plants, tanks, ornaments, books and chemicals.

Just about everything you needed.

And of course the cakes, cupcakes, and biscuits were fantastic.

It was a good day - a bit slow at the end but never the less a good day all up.

Graeme

I would suggest a teazer/preview on what's available to get the crowd excited. I think, we have a few members on the marketing side that can provide feedback on how to make this a "hot event" - place to be seen. I was stuck on a kids party, and if I had known of the african knife, I could have made an excuse for a quick driveby just to see the knife as I won't be able to afford it.

Would have been there myself but for work and then my daughter training for her karate black belt. Apparently I was told that there will be time for my things after she grades . But I think my jobs list around the home is getting bigger by the minute

Actually there was a very wide range of fish.

Platies, Guppies, Florida Flags, Blue Acara, Jack Dempsy, Eletric Yellows, Angles, Plecos, Gibbys, Bristlenose,

Rummynose Tetras, Cardinal Tetras, Neon Tetras, Ottos, Red Lizard whiptails, Bettas just to name a few.

There were heaps more including other cichlids, catfish etc and there was even some rare African Knife Fish.

We also have heaps of timber, plants, tanks, ornaments, books and chemicals.

Just about everything you needed.

And of course the cakes, cupcakes, and biscuits were fantastic.

It was a good day - a bit slow at the end but never the less a good day all up.

Graeme

How much for an african knifefish ??

The African Knife fish were 3 for $160.

If I had had the money they would be in my tanks now.

Still negotiating with wife.

Will there be another Market Day?

To be honest I don't know.

If not for a last minute chase around there would have been only 6 sellers, so it was not very well supported by sellers.

As for people buying, there was a good crowd for the first couple of hours then it died away to just about nothing for the rest of the time.

This was a try it and see situation and the lack of support shown, from both sellers and buyers, was not good.

In normal circumstances that would tend to indicate that Market Days will not happen again.

Having said that, when I asked everyone that was selling would they come to another Market Day, all but two said yes.

Q.F.A.S. will be having a couple of meetings before April next year and the Market Day concept will be discussed.

A decision on whether another will be held will be made at one of those meetings.

Personally I like the idea and think it would work well, but there would need to be some changes.

I think the timing should be changed to start setup at 10.30am and be open to the public at 11.00am and finish by 2.00pm.

The venue we used, The Bar Jai hall, was ok, but I had to change the layout as the selling spaces were too small.

We ended up with 11 sellers, one being Q.F.A.S. promoting the clubs, one selling cakes biscuits and drinks, and two taking double spaces.

With the change to the layout the maximum number of spaces that could be fitted inside would be 17.

So if the Market Day concept takes off we would need to either use outside space where we could have a further 9 or 10 spaces, or find a new location.

Two reasons we used the Bar Jai, one it is cheap, two we knew it would be available.

Graeme

Edited by xysti53