pony-tail

Ipswich aquarium shops

I am doing a run to North ipswich (Leaving from Redcliffe) to pick up some fish on Sunday and was wondering what LFS in that area are both worth visiting and open Sunday and maybe if there are any on my way (Going via "Western Freeway" )

It is a long run so I wanted to make a day of it .

If anybody over that way has a couple up to 6 Multies (Neolamprologus multifasciatus) they want to sell me that can be picked up on Sunday too drop me a pm.

Might as well make a trip of it !

I have a Spare seat if anybody wants to come for the run .

I am old and only a little grumpy - do not smoke - and drive a small cantankerous old car .

That is kind of dissapointing .

There used to be some really good ones out there Bremer Aquarium comes to mind straight up .

That was a long time ago - I used to work for an importer / wholesaler back then and occaisionally do deliveries ( 15 to 20 years ago though I guess)

Sounds interesting - but it is the fish I want to see .

I am on the lookout for some of the old staples like the Thomasi , Curviceps ,Dorsigerus .and similar fish that used to be around a lot but you don't see anymore . and to continue my search for some good quality wild form Thicklip Gouramis. Been looking for 12 months now and not found any . Just the hybridised colour variants out of the east Asian Wholesalers .

I only have Small tanks (mostly 36x15x18 and 48x15x18 and a s**tload of varios size 2 footers ) so not chasing tank busting exotics.

I have seen thomasi and dorsigera recently at Fishchicks Aquatics in Annerly(at the back of the Annerly shops). There are also a variety of apistogramma there, licorice gourami, different darios, and a few other fish ideal for your smaller tanks.

And it's kind of on the way to Ipswich...

I have seen thomasi and dorsigera recently at Fishchicks Aquatics in Annerly(at the back of the Annerly shops). There are also a variety of apistogramma there, licorice gourami, different darios, and a few other fish ideal for your smaller tanks.

And it's kind of on the way to Ipswich...

I go out through indooroopilly and western freeway Annerly is not really on my path .

I will be relying on a GPS for navigation - I would get lost otherwise . Have not been over that way for years .

If you take the Clem 7 you will drive right past fish chicks at ANNERLEY then continue on down the Ipswich motorway and it's a small turn off to exotic aquarium . They are both nice shops

I just take whatever road the lady in the little machine tells me to - I have no idea where i'm going , I just follow the instructions .

I enjoy Red Dragon at Darra and Exotics at Rocklea. Has a nice variety and some larger fish. I sometimes spend my lunch breaks in there :peep:

Darra has the best prices for fish I've seen in any LFS and Rocklea has the cheapest plants and some of the cleanest tanks.

Both have very nice owners. Both have good knowledge. Almost been to every LFS in Brisbane now :D

Might sneak down to Prestige at lunch and have a looksee. Unfortunately, there's a fair few aquarium places that have gone under but haven't updated their websites. I'm often looking for a shop that no longer exists or hours that have been changed.

Edited by Cudders