Daharkazangel

Has anyone had oscar eggs hatch?

Yes... I used to breed quite a few but haven't kept them for a few years now. Females will spawn with females but males can be reliably sexed by egg tube differences.

I prefer to self hatch in buckets and the eggs need to be kept dark. You can bump up temp for a faster hatch time but this will also promote fungus unless you have a UV and acriflavine. Turn the flat rock upside down so dirt can't settle on eggs. The bucket lends itself well to circulation with an airstone. You need to get first foods ready now if your waiting for eggs to hatch.

With a little experience, you can see egg development compared to infertile.

Good luck

I have a pair of Albino Tiger or technically they are Lutino Tiger that I have raised from 50mm size, they spawned 4 times this year each time the eggs appeared to be fertile then got infested with fungus, their tubes appeared to be one of each sex but I had doubts if they were even fertile themselves as the research I have done says that some of the chemicals used to prevent fungus when artificially hatching can cause infertility in the fish at adult stage, anyway last week they spawned for the 5th time and on the 3rd day I was excited to see that 30% of the eggs had wriggling tails which made me very happy to confirm fertility + sex, over the course of the day there were fewer wriggling tails as the female decided that the wriggling ones should be eaten, so I prepared a small tank with water from the main tank with aeration and methyline blue /acriflavin combo and put the slate in so I could salvage something from the situation but unfortunatly the remainder of fry + eggs perished, but thats ok they are slowley getting it together and I am happy that I know they are a pair I just have to refine my process of fry extraction when they do hatch next time, I can't wait to be successful and have a few little fellas to raise. Good luck with yours.