the German

Stop complaining about fish prices

I was in Melbourne last week and got to see some shops down there ,and let me tell you anyone complaining that Brisbane shop / forum prices are to expensive ,you are dam lucky!!!! These pics are just from one shop that we visited

5A03D646-243A-4EBA-88CD-B99D0D464D9F-1431-000004C135C8FBBC_zpsb008eec6.jpg

870D2F61-3D82-4386-8DF1-8C411512D3AE-1431-000004C139578EEA_zps432f4397.jpg

E5D35EAF-EED0-4E44-888F-25CB842ACA2E-1431-000004C13EBDD928_zps383a0b0b.jpg

I also saw a norm size sponge filter for sale at $23 ea

And at the fish auction fome boxes sold for $12 ea :jaw:

If they put their prices to high , nobody buys and they go broke anyway .

It is not always the shop with the lowest prices that goes under

To a certain degree greed becomes an issue , poor quality stock often gets sold at high prices and high margins and eventually the sheeple catch on and they have few if any customers . Then you have shops (sometimes named after small livebearing poecillids ) that sell inferior products at very low prices and little or no warranty that put the squeeze on legitimate businesses and sends them broke , but stiil remain in busines themselves because people will take a punt even if the odds are they will lose .

I think its also harder in some ways for shops that only buy from the big wholesalers, rather than from breeders.

If you choose to buy big cichlids and have them shipped to you......... you need to add some markup to prevent the excersize being a loss $ case.

We are used to buying fish from breeders.

Its a different case when a breeder sells to wholesalers, who sell to lfs, who sell to you.

Each link in the chain adds cost, but adds convenience!

The polystyrene boxes that we auction at our auctions are donated to the club by some of our sponsors /members Yes $12.00 was a high price but it was bid on in good spirits

After you guys left some went for $2.00.It becomes a problem for the committee if they have to take home boxes that have been left behind and yes it is a bit of fun